Grateful Mysteries

• Thread starter Thread starter Beaver
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quoting the article: “These need the courage of Saint Joseph who feared not to take Mary as his spouse.”
Sorry Beav but I think that Mary has already been declared “Spouse of the Holy Spirit”. We don’t want to be doing a polygamy thing here do we? :bigyikes:

Beside which, you need to know that this bishop is probably motivated by guilt for having suspended a wonderful, deeply Catholic 70 year old priest who was erronously accused by some money grabbing witch of molesting her younger brother 20 years ago. The brother adamantly denies the charge!

I have known this priest since he was 14 years old. He comes from a wonderful Catholic farm family who loved God, walked humbly through life with their Lord, and knelt round their dinner table to pray a rosary every night of their lives.

If this priest is a pedophile, the pope’s an astronaut!

I pray for this priest – Will another Christian join with me?

DB

This isn’t a rosary at all-- it should properly be called a chaplet. Thus, including it as part of the rosary per se is not proper, IMO.

40.png
drforjc:
This isn’t a rosary at all-- it should properly be called a chaplet. Thus, including it as part of the rosary per se is not proper, IMO.
Yah…I tend to agree with you…doesn’t rest gently… Annunciata:)

Sorry Beav but I think that Mary has already been declared “Spouse of the Holy Spirit”. We don’t want to be doing a polygamy thing here do we?
No, Mary was the true spouse of Joseph. That is the teaching of the Church. They did not consummate their marriage because she was the “Spouse of the Holy Spirit”, as you cited. But, Mary truly was Joseph’s wife just the same. 🙂

40.png
dominosNbiscuts:
Sorry Beav but I think that Mary has already been declared “Spouse of the Holy Spirit”

But the Holy Spirit espoused St Joseph also.

This does not take away our Marian Theology, but enhances it as to a Holy Family Theology.

40.png
Beaver:
But the Holy Spirit espoused St Joseph also.
Golly! The Holy Spirit was espoused to BOTH Mary and Joseph?

From which book, chapter and verse is that? And when was the book first anathemized by the church?

I’m just learning all sorts of new things here! :bigyikes:

40.png
drforjc:
I agree, and there are all kinds of chaplets available to learn.

Keep in mind that the rosary originated from the people, rather than being established by a Church council or the Pope, etc. So in fairness if a group wants to have a new grouping of mysteries, they should take care that confusion is limited, perhaps it shouldn’t be used at official parish functions at first, but more power to them, and perhaps one day their mysteries will be accepted by the church as a whole.

Having said that, I personally think three sets of mysteries was great, fairly easy to remember, and symbolic of the trinity. So I’m not crazy about the Pope adding the Luminous Mysteries, or about other people adding additional mysteries. But John Paul has spoken, so there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back