Great Watering Hole for Spiritual Reading

• Thread starter Thread starter Lux_et_veritas
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lux_et_veritas

I’ve just gotten so hooked on this site and there is a bounty of beautifully written material.

If you explore, I would encourage you to click on the Circulars for the Laity to start, and don’t hesitate to read those for the Youth. When you get into the Circulars for the Laity, just place your cursor over any of the words and you will see and a list pops up and you can choose a topic. These are indepth and highly spiritual When done with those, move into what is written for Formation among others.

I mean, I could click through this site for weeks and still not read it all. Then I end up reading some of the same stuff over and again. Even the Formation Circulars are great. While we ourselves couldn’t expect to live a life of silence, it is fascinating to read about how silence works in our spiritual life. With that, I believe we should all make time for silence.

Add your comments here if you like what you see and make sure it stays bumped up to the top for others by discussing things you learn there. Lots of articles - good articles.

From Opus Sanctorum Angelorum - Work of the Holy Angels

opusangelorum.org/

If you want a history of what this is all about, click the “About Us” in the upper, far right corner and read that. It gives a detailed and fascinating history.

Priests and sisters from the order related to this organization are near my home and reside on the grounds of Assumption Grotto Church. They are known as the Order of Canons Regular of the Holy Cross (ORC) and the Sisters of the Holy Cross.

Ok, lets try this one.

It is the Feast of Sacred Heart. As the product of 1970’s dumb-downed catechism I didn’t quite understand such things as devotion to the Sacred Heart.

So, I decided to learn to see if it meant anything to me.

Anyone want to read and discuss this article from the above site?

opusangelorum.org/English/Sacredheart.html

I’ve been converted from a “Why would anyone pray to a Sacred Heart” to a “Hey, Lets Pray to the Sacred Heart”.

:tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back