Guardian Angels

• Thread starter Thread starter upbeatjonm
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

upbeatjonm

What is the role of Guardian Angels? Sometimes we hear of miraculous happenings where someone is rescued by angels. But this always puzzled me, since it seemed strange that some people received obvious help from angels, while others would suffer terrible accidents (car accidents, kids being abused, etc). Do some have Guardian Angels and others not?

The Church teaches that everyone, from conception to death is assigned a guardian angel. Their role is protection from the influences of the Evil One, and sometimes physical protection as well. When reflecting on their help of some in danger, while apparently not others, it’s useful to remember that we all die. Each person in this life has a specific role to fulfill in service of the Lord. In some cases, it may be that angels are sent to protect those who have not fulfilled that role yet, even to the point of rescuing them from a burning building or overturned car. Angels are given the power to assist us only by the will of God, as they cannot do anything contrary to that will. So if it is the will of God that He call some people home, their guardian angels will not stand in His way.

40.png
upbeatjonm:
What is the role of Guardian Angels? Sometimes we hear of miraculous happenings where someone is rescued by angels. But this always puzzled me, since it seemed strange that some people received obvious help from angels, while others would suffer terrible accidents (car accidents, kids being abused, etc). Do some have Guardian Angels and others not?
I would venture to guess that the answer is the same for this question as it is for miracles in general. God is mysterious. We don’t know His mind. Since angels are His, and nothing they do is without his permission and knowledge, it is God who desires the miracle, the protection/rescue of a certain individual by his angel for reasons that we may not ever be able to understand. Perhaps it’s not even about that person, but someone in the future (their son or daughter etc.) who has a very important job to do, or role to play for God. Who knows? Some prayers are answered, others not (or atleast not in the way we expected). Miracles occur for some, and for others not. We’ll never know. But it doesn’t mean that they don’t happen (miracles). It doesn’t mean that prayers aren’t answered (they are), and it doesn’t mean that our guardian angels are watching out for our physical and/or spiritual welfare (they are). I guess the best advice is to keep having faith and pray. Talk to your guardian angel as well. It may not prevent something from happening, but you never know… forging a relationship with your guardian angel can’t hurt!

Another point to add to this is the fact that Guardian Angels are not there to save you all the time. In order for you to move forward in this life, you have to experience the pitfalls of living it. Not everyone is or can have the same experiences as others…this would be a very dull world if that were the case, but likewise, not everyone can experience a miracle either.

Only twelve men had the chance to walk with their God. The rest of us have to take it on faith. Only a few since then have seen Him, talked to Him, etc…but the rest of us have to openly choose to believe in it.

Likewise, our lives on earth with all the hell and heartache.

Let me put a different perspective on it…

One person goes through and survives a tragedy of some sort. Pick any tragedy that comes to mind as an example, no matter how small…

Gos wants that person to search through all the hell s/he goes through to find Him. Each person that comes into contact with that person has the chance to commit to an Act of Mercy, each person is irrevocably changed forever because of that incident. Did the change bring you closer to God?

Project that into the future. Will you or anyone with those living experiences continue to be a Light for Christ? Or will you be defeated by it?

If your Guardian Angels were to constantly save you in every problem or give you the answer to every solution, not only will you not learn anything and grow from that experience, but you would never truely appreciate the gifts God has given you, because you would never be in a true position to use them for His benefit.

Story

I believe they are one of the many helpers which God sends us everyday. We can get help from the angels, from Mary and from the saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back