Habits?

• Thread starter Thread starter HSMomof3
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HSMomof3

I am not sure where to ask this question. Where can I find information on why nuns wear what they wear? Such as, why are some nuns in the same order, wearing white veils and others wear lack veils and some where very simple head coverings (I am guessing those are novices?)

Always wondered but never asked 🙂

ORA,
Michaela
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Without know what congregation of nuns. I would guess Black veil are nuns who have taken final vows, white veils have taken temp vows and simple are novices. If they go to your church, school or something ask them I am sure they won’t mind you asking.

H(name removed by moderator)of3:
I am not sure where to ask this question. Where can I find information on why nuns wear what they wear? Such as, why are some nuns in the same order, wearing white veils and others wear lack veils and some where very simple head coverings (I am guessing those are novices?)

Always wondered but never asked 🙂

ORA,
Michaela
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Go to EWTN multimedia audio archives. Put in a search for World Over Live and scroll down to the program dated 4/30/2004. It is a program on a book written by Elizabeth Kuhns on “Clothing of Catholic Nuns.” LIstening to the program(RealPlayer) probably won’t answer all your questions but maybe you can find the book in the library or on Amazon. Have fun. 😉
Whit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back