Handbook of Prayers Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

porthos11

Hi all.

I’m looking for a prayer book that contains not only devotional prayers but also those that can be used for various occasions. I noticed that the Scepter Publishers’ *Handbook of Prayers *has a section of blessings for such occassions.

Question is, are these blessings from the *Book of Blessings? *And are they usable only be priests or also by laity?

Thanks for any help.

I have the Handbook of Prayers. Some of the blessings are from the Book of Blessings, because it lists this in the Acknowledgements section of the prayer book. Many of the blessings in the book are to be said by a minister or deacon, not lay people. A good chunk of the book is the Order of the Mass. Many of the prayers in the book are in English as well as Latin. The book contains basic prayers as well as devotional prayers. There are also sections about how to make a good confession and how to be a better Catholic. It’s a nice book, but I don’t use much of it because it seems a lot of it is only for use by a minister or deacon. Plus, I don’t know Latin, so I don’t even read or pray the parts in Latin. Also, I don’t use this book to follow at Mass. Depending on what kinds of blessings you are looking for, this may or may not be the book for you. Personally, I do not find this book to be my ideal devotional book. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back