Happy and sleepy

• Thread starter Thread starter Baby_Sister
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Baby_Sister

My title sounds like we have a new baby in the house. Not a new baby, but there are reasons to rejoice!

Since coming to a deeper understanding of my faith a couple of years ago, I’ve been longing to share my love for the Church with my husband of 16 years. At first he was very resistant; I suggested that he listen to some CDs from John Martignoni and the Mary foundation, but he just didn’t seem to have the interest. I prayed that the Holy Spirit would open his heart and create a desire for understanding.

It seems that my prayers are being answered. A couple of days ago he told me that he is so impressed with my new enthusiasm for the Church, and that he feels a bit left out. I recently purchased Scott Hahn’s “Understanding the Scriptures,” so that my son and I could work through it. My husband told me that he wants to study with me. I asked him if he would like to do RCIA, and he said not yet . . .

Here’s the deal—the only time the two of us can work together is early in the morning, about 5:30.

Husband 5:30 a.m. :bounce:
Me at 5:30 a.m.:yawn:

I work online until midnight, so I am going to have to give up some precious sleep.

I am perfectly willing to make this sacrifice. I’m wondering though–is there a patron saint of the caffeinated?

I’ve got to go make a cup of tea . . .

Good news.
But who said you have to work together all the time? A lot of people like to be alone with the book or cd or tape. Just driving around or whatever he can pop the cd in and just take the time to listen.

May I suggest praying to St Peter, St Mark, or St John because they were asked to stay asleep in the garden and I’m sure they’d be able to help you out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back