Happy Birthday St. Faustina

• Thread starter Thread starter asteroid
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

asteroid

On Thursday 25th August it will be the birthday of St. Faustina. This year would be her 100th birthday.

I feel like celebrating, having become a bit Faustina obsessive during this year.

It was inevitable really. My favourite psalm in protestant days was Ps51 - “Have mercy on me…” In the long road to Catholicism my most beloved prayer was the Jesus Prayer - “Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy on Me, A Sinner” (or similar). If you haven’t read The Way of The Pilgrim I can recommend it. So discovering Faustina and the Divine Mercy devotion is a great joy.

Permit me to put a few links to other sites here. First, a daily reading from the diary of Faustina:

www2.marian.org/revelation/dailyrev.zhtml

And a couple of others. The first currently has a stunning Faustina prayer on the front page. The second has lots of good articles.

faustina.ch/index_en.htm

thedivinemercy.org/

Dear friend

Thank you for your post. A Saint invoked on their Feast Day is very powerful, so I am sure their birthday is equally important to invoke their intercession.

Like you I fell in love, this year, with the Divine Mercy Chaplet, but don’t pray it nearly enough, so thank you for your reminder. The Holy Spirit is working in you!

St Faustina, pray for us.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

I have developed such a deep devotion to St. Faustina this past year. Her diary is a must read it is incredible how much Mercy the Lord would like to shower on all of us if we only ask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back