Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EsclavoDeCristo

Happy St. Anthony of Padua Day!

catholic-forum.com/saints/sainta01.htm

ANTHONY of Padua

http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/sta01011.jpg
Also known as Evangelical Doctor Memorial 13 June Profile Anthony’s wealthy family wanted him to be a great nobleman, but for the sake of Christ he became a poor Franciscan. Priest.

When the remains of Saint Berard and his companions, the first Franciscan martyrs, were brought to be buried in his church, Anthony was moved to leave his order, enter the Friars Minor, and go to Morocco to evangelize. Shipwrecked at Sicily, he joined some other brothers who were going to Portiuncula. Lived in a cave at San Paolo leaving only to attend Mass and sweep the nearby monastery. One day when a scheduled speaker failed to appear, the brothers pressed him into speaking. He impressed them so that he was thereafter constantly travelling, evangelizing, preaching, and teaching theology through Italy and France.

A gifted speaker, he attracted crowds everywhere he went, speaking in multiple tongues; legend says that even the fish loved to listen. Wonder worker. One of the most beloved of saints, his images and statues are found everywhere. Proclaimed a Doctor of the Church on 16 January 1946.

Dear friend

Thank you for providing this on this most beautiful Saint, the mystic and miracle worker, St Antony. One of my favourite Saints.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Hello

This is my brother patron saint. I hope each and all of yours prayers be answered.

God Bless.
Saint Andrew.

Thank you Saint Anthony, for gradually bringing my father back to the Church, and for helping him find a job and hope in life again. I asked Saint Anthony to add his prayers to mine for 13 Tuedays, and am still seeing benefits.

The first mass he went to after a long time, when I started the prayers, some how Saint Anthony’s name came up during the homily. And I received a key chain of Saint Anthony from a religious foundation (St. Christopher’s Inn, maybe) during that time period. Granted, they were soliciting donations at the time, but I don’t know how I ended up on their mailing list, and it felt like a wink.

My husband (whose middle name is Anthony) was recently told that a very good job might be opening up in a company he would like to work for, if a certain lady were to retire to care for her aged mother. They had told her that she must make her decision before July first, and lo and behold, she came to work on St. Anthony’s feast day to sign the papers for her official retirement. We considered that a “wink,” too, as serendipity called it!

There’s still a process fraught with obstacles to go through, but the first has been cleared. We’d appreciate your prayers, if you have a moment for a Hail Mary! Thanks!

Betsy

Just don’t say that to a Portuguese. They think he has been hijacked, and should properly be titled St. Anthony of Lisbon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back