Has America forgotten it is under a Jewish God?

  • Thread starter Thread starter almost2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I’ve never been. So I can only look to lists of sculpture online. “The South Wall Frieze includes figures of lawgivers from the ancient world and includes Menes, Hammurabi, Moses, Solomon, Lycurgus, Solon, Draco, Confucius, and Augustus. The North Wall Frieze shows lawgivers from the Middle Ages on and includes representations of Justinian, Muhammad, Charlemagne, John, King of England, Louis IX of France, Hugo Grotius, Sir William Blackstone, John Marshall, and Napoleon.”

These individuals are famous law-givers and jurists. Unless Solon, Confucius, Napoleon, and Muhammad are Christian figures. That’s the commonality between these statues - they are law-people. The commonality isn’t religion.

And there, you prove my point. “Creator”. 18th century Christian writings don’t shy away from explicitly Christian names. You’re indicating a Deist cover.
 
Last edited:
“In God We Trust” is the official motto of the United States of America and of the U.S. state of Florida. It was adopted as the nation’s motto in 1956 as a replacement or alternative to the unofficial motto of E pluribus unum, which was adopted when the Great Seal of the United States was created and adopted in 1782.
 
Last edited:
America has from the start been in a delicate balance between freedom of religion and freedom from religion. It was set up that way, to ensure religious liberty and, at the same time, not be a theocracy in which one religion dominates and suppresses others, or establishes secular law. It has been difficult this way from the beginning, and still is. But religious freedom and tolerance–including ALL religions, even minority ones–is a lofty and noble principle of our country.
 
Last edited:
Sorry if I’m missing something obvious!
God is not “Jewish”.
Also, do you yourself think it’s unfair to the Chinese and Vietnamese?
Unfair to say that America is under a “Jewish God”? It is just false. I think that many people would find it unfair, yes.
celebrate Christmas as a secular holiday.
It really chaps me that secularism has overtaken Christmas. You get in trouble if you say “Merry Christmas”. You can hardly find religious paper and cards anymore! Most of the music on the radio is secular, and Christmas is “over” on Dec. 26!
 
Just to clarify, I never said I believe God is Jewish or that it’s unfair. I was just trying to understand AINg’s earlier question.
 
Just to clarify, I never said I believe God is Jewish or that it’s unfair. I was just trying to understand AINg’s earlier question.
Thanks. I was actually reacting more to the thread title, which I realize is not yours!
 
From Washington’s Farewell Address 1796

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, ought to respect and to cherish them. A volume could not trace all their connections with private and public felicity. Let it simply be asked: Where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in courts of justice ? And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion. Whatever may be conceded to the influence of refined education on minds of peculiar structure, reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle.

“It is substantially true that virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government. The rule, indeed, extends with more or less force to every species of free government. Who that is a sincere friend to it can look with indifference upon attempts to shake the foundation of the fabric?”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top