Heaven rewards?

  • Thread starter Thread starter descout
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

descout

Guest
I have never heard of rewards and crowns in heaven, but after reading some verses in the bible I can say that it does mention things like this…I am curious on the CC understanding of this, what are they? I did not read in depth on it but figured I would see what other Catholic thoughts on this. I guess I never really thought there would be rewards. I thought more along the lines that being face to face with our Creator would be reward enough! After all, that reward influences decisions here on this earth already.
 
I have never heard of rewards and crowns in heaven, but after reading some verses in the bible I can say that it does mention things like this…I am curious on the CC understanding of this, what are they? I did not read in depth on it but figured I would see what other Catholic thoughts on this. I guess I never really thought there would be rewards. I thought more along the lines that being face to face with our Creator would be reward enough! After all, that reward influences decisions here on this earth already.
Someome may come up with a far better answer than mine, but my understanding of heavenly rewards are in your capacity for happiness. As it was explained in my childhood years, a pint. a quart, and a gallon when full can hold no more. We receive the rewards, in heaven, for our life lived on earth according to the love we have given during our earthly sojourn. Everyone in heaven will be completely happy, but their capacity for happiness will be different. Guess that would demonstrate in some part the justice of God. Certainly Mother Theresa would have a far greater capacity for happiness in heaven than someone who only through the mercy of God was fortunate enough to even get there. Jesus does say that you will receive your reward in heaven.
 
Someome may come up with a far better answer than mine, but my understanding of heavenly rewards are in your capacity for happiness…

Certainly Mother Theresa would have a far greater capacity for happiness in heaven than someone who only through the mercy of God was fortunate enough to even get there. Jesus does say that you will receive your reward in heaven.
Amen.
Just to extend that a bit:
An example would be the difference between a baby in a cot, playing with a rattle, and an adult experiencing an awesome orchestral performance. Theyre both perfectly happy. Put the adult in the cot (!), and hed go mad; take the baby to the concert, and it`d be extremely distressed. It might not even survive.

Bit of trivia:
The word “seraphim” means “the burning ones”. Theyre closer to the Fire of Gods Life and Love than any of the other choirs. Our Ladys blue mantle is appropriate: the Fire shes “enduring” is burning with a blue heat (metaphorically); and she loves every moment of it. Anything less hot; and shed freeze. Expose one of us to it; and wed be reduced to ashes (again: metaphorically). A soul in hell couldnt endure Heaven. Its in its “proper place”.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top