Help! Giving talk on St. Francis & need help finding online resources!

• Thread starter Thread starter EsclavoDeCristo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EsclavoDeCristo

Greeting fellow sojourners of Truth! I am giving a brief talk tomorrow and need help finding some specifics online. This is what I will be speaking on:

The problems within the midevil Church and how St. Francis reacted to these problems. Then I am going to ask the kids what problems exist in the Church today (i.e. liturgical abuses, people receiving the sacraments but not being catechised, moral issues, etc.) and how they can react/evangelize to other youth.

What I need help from you guys is in finding specific problems within the Church/society in general during St. Frances’ time (early 13th century). Thank you all in advance for your help!

How did your talk go? Sorry I did not answer sooner. I have a lot of info on Francis. If you have a Secular Franciscan Order near you, they can really assist in these matters.

God bless,
Deacon Tony SFO

sorry i didn’t see this post until now.

chesterton’s book on francis is fantastic - and deals with issues at the time. i’d suggest reading it - it’s public domain - for your personal edification, and for any future speaking engagements.

God bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back