Help, I need Catechesis!

• Thread starter Thread starter TDaniels
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TDaniels

I was baptized in the Church of the Nazarene over a decade ago. Since then I’ve gone from error to error. I became deeply lost, practicing neo-paganism. It just felt so empty. I had this strange idea that if I showed the same devotion to the pagan gods that I did to Christ after my baptism that emptiness and lack of the sense of the divine would dissapear. It didn’t. Our Lady has since then along with the intercession of Saint Augustine has talked sense back into me. Since studying the Saints, the Catechism, and the bible I feel the call to the Church. Here’s the problem. I am not allowed to drive legally due to spasms in my legs. I’m dependent on the bus and so with that and my work schedule it makes it impossible to attend RCIA even when there is no virus. Is there any online alternatives that will allow me to be catachized?

Last edited:
There is a thing about being Catholic - you get it from real live people, not over the internet nor Catholic forums nor via email.
Call your priest and tell him you desire to be one of us, Catholic, and ask him how he can bring you into the church.
If he wants you in the church he will have a way to catechize you and have his bishop confirm you.

. Is there any online alternatives that will allow me to be catachized
Talk to your local pastor regarding a plan for catechesis for you. How he goes about catechizing and receiving you into the Church is a local decision.

Of course there are many great websites for personal learning, Formed.org among them. Perhaps your parish has a subscription? Ask your priest.

Thank you. I’m not sure which is my local priest. I think it’s The Immaculate Conception. I’ll find out and go from there. I am being lead to the Church, of that I have no doubt. I know that RCIA should be done in person. It’s just being disabled makes me limited transportation wise. Please pray for me.

First and foremost, call and get a appointment to talk to the senior pastor of your local parish. Do not become discouraged if it takes awhile. Priests are very busy people. Often they have hundreds of families that they need to be there for. So we need to be patient with them.

Tell the secretary and/or the priest your situation. He will be able to direct you. Maybe you will be directed to the person in charge of rcia and they will handle the situation.

Personal instruction directly from a priest is possible. A cousin of mine actually was able to be confirmed by online catechesis with a instructor (yes, it was legit. I checked and everything was through the diocese) although I do not like that idea for people who can actually drive themself, it would be great for you if it is available where you live. My cousin lives in. Heavily populated area, so things like this might not be as common in rural areas.

God bless

Last edited:
There is a thing about being Catholic - you get it from real live people, not over the internet nor Catholic forums nor via email.
Call your priest and tell him you desire to be one of us, Catholic, and ask him how he can bring you into the church.
If he wants you in the church he will have a way to catechize you and have his bishop confirm you.
Nonsense! There are plenty of converts who have read their way into the Church. Normally converts will attend RCIA, but that’s not necessarily the starting point.

Nonsense! There are plenty of converts who have read their way into the Church. Normally converts will attend RCIA, but that’s not necessarily the starting point.
This is very true. Some such people are even on the forums (like me!). That said, having a community to help you learn and grow not only adds to your experience, it multiplies your faith and understanding. We are, first and foremost, a communal faith after all. I’ll pray your parish finds ways to make things work for you, whether that’s transportation or modified RCIA, or whatever is best.

RCIA has went online for now at my parish, I would imagine many parishes have done the same. I would contact all the parishes in your area and see if any are having RCIA over zoom like ours currently is (I am in Texas).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back