Help! Need direction with Holy Week & fasting

• Thread starter Thread starter Fizendell
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fizendell

Could someone point me in the right direction? I would like a source (and if it’s in the Catechism, please let me know as I do have that!) for the traditions and how-to’s of being Catholic in general, but more specifically, information on fasting during Lent and Holy Week.

I know the general stuff, like no meat on Friday’s, but I seem to recall reading somewhere about fasting on Good Friday.

I thought I would ask you great group of people if you have suggestions on where I can find this information and if there’s books or websites for things like this.

Isn’t it interesting how one can spend so many years thinking they know what the Catholic Church is all about, only to find one knows close to nothing??!!

Thanks so much to everyone - this site has been a great help to me!

=)
Fiz

The Catechism has the info you need…just look in the index to find the corresponding paragraphs for fasting and abstinence. Also, The Catholic Source Book has some info on it…and it is all over the internet. Good Friday is a day of fasting and full abstinence. It is common practice to do some self imposed lenten abstinence such as giving up alcohol, caffeine, etc…That is always good to do. Also, you should try to do some pentitential or charitable work…such as volunteering at the homeless shelter, etc.
40.png
Fizendell:
Could someone point me in the right direction? I would like a source (and if it’s in the Catechism, please let me know as I do have that!) for the traditions and how-to’s of being Catholic in general, but more specifically, information on fasting during Lent and Holy Week.

I know the general stuff, like no meat on Friday’s, but I seem to recall reading somewhere about fasting on Good Friday.

I thought I would ask you great group of people if you have suggestions on where I can find this information and if there’s books or websites for things like this.

Isn’t it interesting how one can spend so many years thinking they know what the Catholic Church is all about, only to find one knows close to nothing??!!

Thanks so much to everyone - this site has been a great help to me!

=)
Fiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back