Help, Stressed Out and Afraid I'll Fall Into Sin!

• Thread starter Thread starter koda
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

koda

I just started graduate school to work on my masters in secondary education because I feel the Lord is calling me to make a midlife career change and teach (I’ll be 47 next week). I am working full time as well and trying to find time to spend with my husband and mom (I’m unable to have children). I am so stressed out - I’m sure Satan is pushing all my buttons trying to lead me into sin. I have been so grumpy. I love school though and have no doubt I’ll do fine, if I don’t alienate everyone by being so unpleasant. I am fighting (and praying) very hard and don’t want to fall into sin but I’m worried that being so nasty is a sin in itself??? Please help and pray for me.

Dear friend

You will be in my prayers

Let me ask you what is special about you that you will not sin?

We are all sinners, everyone, bar two sin (Jesus and Mary).

Don’t be afraid of sinning or think too much about sin, this is a negative way of thinking, rather think about virtue and how to grow in virtue asking God to sustain you in virtue by grace and purge you.

You are no-one more special than the rest of us ugly sinners, so calm down, realise you will never be perfect even though you strive to be, continue to strive to be perfect by God’s grace and ask for the beautiful graces to Love and keep a repentant and contrite heart.

Trust in Jesus, He is Merciful. You friend are afraid that God will reject you because you are a sinner, if this is the case we are all rejected, no God will not reject you because His Mercy is great, greater than any sin you commit, your sin is a tiny drop in the ocean of His Mercy. Keep a repentant heart, sincere in Love of God and fall on His Mercy.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Look up… and look to God. Don’t focus on the darker aspects.

My signiture says it in a more poetic light.

Just don’t read the latin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back