B
benjamindt
Guest
I’m stuck. A friend challenged me that the catechism teaches that salvation is not found through Christ alone, that the other Abrahamic religions of Judaism and Islam (of which I find it hard to consider Islam an Abrahamic religion even though Mohammed claims that’s who he’s following) are said to have a special salvation because of their devotion to God.
They specifically cited CCC paragraph 841 (I added this text and link so no one has to go find it.)
841 The Church’s relationship with the Muslims. “The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.”
Someone please help me explain that this is not a teaching that indicates that there is salvation outside of Christ.
They specifically cited CCC paragraph 841 (I added this text and link so no one has to go find it.)
841 The Church’s relationship with the Muslims. “The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.”
Someone please help me explain that this is not a teaching that indicates that there is salvation outside of Christ.