P
prodigalson12
Guest
I like most people have had difficulty at times forgiving others for their misdoings. In some cases it’s really tough and all I could do is pray for the capacity to forgive this person for what they did.
We cannot say the Lords prayer and truly mean it when we get to the spot “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that have trespassed against us”. If we do not forgive, neither are we forgiven, and in fact, holding onto a grudge is nothing but unhealthy for anybody for many reasons and in many ways.
What I’ve learned rather recently which seems to be working to help me forgive in much shorter order has been very helpful. I take into account, the person that harmed me is sick, bodily and soul, they have a disease of sorts which causes them to justify their actions, no matter how twisted they are, in their minds, and in fact, their very soul is in peril. I now just feel sorry for them rather then angry at them for what they did to me. What this does is takes the steam out of what has happened, you no longer try to figure out how and why they can justify their actions, it also insures you do nothing to make things worse and become tempted to retaliate.
You will also take note, it will be much easier to pray for them, for this is what we are supposed to be doing in the first place.
We cannot say the Lords prayer and truly mean it when we get to the spot “forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those that have trespassed against us”. If we do not forgive, neither are we forgiven, and in fact, holding onto a grudge is nothing but unhealthy for anybody for many reasons and in many ways.
What I’ve learned rather recently which seems to be working to help me forgive in much shorter order has been very helpful. I take into account, the person that harmed me is sick, bodily and soul, they have a disease of sorts which causes them to justify their actions, no matter how twisted they are, in their minds, and in fact, their very soul is in peril. I now just feel sorry for them rather then angry at them for what they did to me. What this does is takes the steam out of what has happened, you no longer try to figure out how and why they can justify their actions, it also insures you do nothing to make things worse and become tempted to retaliate.
You will also take note, it will be much easier to pray for them, for this is what we are supposed to be doing in the first place.