Heresy today in the church

• Thread starter Thread starter Irishmadcatholic23
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Irishmadcatholic23

Heretical , just wanted to know how do we as faithful catholics deal with Heretics.

Last edited:
This thread will close in 3,2,1…

TOS rule #3:
  1. Do not incite animosity towards anyone, especially the clergy.

Last edited:
Do you have evidence this priest in good standing is a heretic or did you hear something third or fourth hand?

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Well as there is only one God, it follows that the God of the Old Testament must be the God of the New Testament, so the statement above suggests the heresy of Marcionism as far as I can see.

I’m no fan of James Martin, not in the least. I think there are many, many criticisms to be had of him.

That said, these types of threads are unproductive and are usually just an uncharitable search for validation for the people who start piling on. Let’s pick more spiritually fruitful hobbies, please.

-Fr ACEGC

Avoiding naming any names, you can report seemingly heretical priests to the relevant bishop, who would hopefully look into it (and provide corrections, etc).

Last edited:
😱 You’re the first person I know who’s familiar with Marcionism. (Yes, I’ve heard it before.) The average Catholic has probably never heard the term, let alone know its meaning.

Re Fr. Martin: He needs prayers just like the rest of us. There but for the grace of God go I.

Last edited:
Common phrased used in catechesis:

This topic has been covered many times on CAF:
40.png
What's up with the God of the Old Testament? Sacred Scripture
True but I don’t understand how a loving and merciful God could order genocides. Please help. 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back