Hey, let's support the team

• Thread starter Thread starter CSN
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CSN

I came to realize several things last night…

Being Catholic is really awesome. I actually feel bad for those who believe in other religions. For example, most of my mom’s side is Presbyterian, and there are some really beautiful God-loving people there, but my take is not so much that they are wrong, but that they are really doing things the hard way. Others, who believe in religions distant from Jesus, or who don’t believe at all…I don’t know what to say.

Look at all the perks we Catholics have: the rosary, the pope, the novenas, scapulars, relics, traditions – the list goes on…

In any event, I discovered a new prayer (St. Gertrude’s) last night on this website about purgatory www.mtep.com, and this is what hit me: the Catholic faith really has a team mentality. “Save us all”. “We are all sinners”. “Have mercy on us all”. That kind of thing. For example:

[Fatima Prayer – Lucy, Francisco, Jacinta]
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy.

[Divine Mercy Prayer – St. Faustina Kowalska (Josefa Menendez)]
Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. // For the sake of His sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

[Purgatory Prayer – St. Gertrude]
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family.

I’m a grown man, but when I first discovered the Divine Mercy Prayer, it would make me teary-eyed. To request mercy for everyone in the world is just such a beautiful thing. Lately however, having gotten used to the wording, it did not touch me in the same way. But then, when I made my discovery of the above-captioned website yesterday, I read the following:

**In one Vision, Our Lord tells Gertrude that he longs for someone to ask Him to release souls from purgatory, just as a king who imprisons a friend for justice’s sake hopes that someone will beg for mercy for his friend. Jesus ends with:

“I accept with highest pleasure what is offered to Me for the poor souls, for I long inexpressibly to have near Me those for whom I paid so great a price. By the prayers of thy loving soul, I am induced to free a prisoner from purgatory as often as thou dost move thy tongue to utter a word of prayer.”**

When I read that part, about the king hoping someone would say something just to give him any excuse to act mercifully, I got teary-eyed again.

Being Catholic is really awesome.

On a related note, I humbly ask everyone to read about the souls in purgatory, and consider praying that St. Gertrude prayer daily. We have to support the team…

When I worked as a nurse, I would think of this analogy:

An immobile patient has just thrown up all over themselves and is in great pain. You would run to help that person. You would drop whatever paperwork you were doing and bring pain medicine and a clean set of sheets and a gown for that person, and take care of them then and there.

How much, much worse is the suffering of the Holy Souls in Purgatory??? Why do we not “move our tongues” and give relief to our brothers and sisters suffering so terribly in Purgatory? The patient above is having a complete walk in the park compared to the Holy Souls. Even the worst suffering on Earth cannot compare with the fires of Purgatory.

Thank you, CSN, for drawing attention to our brothers and sisters who are waiting, suffering, for us to help them.

www.mtep.com is an excellent resource!

I like the way you think CSN! I always thought of Catholicism as being for the family…but the global family is even better!!! Great website…thanks!

Thank you for your replies. Yes, the team here is humanity. But perhaps the team’s coach is the Catholic Church 😃 Go long for the Hail Mary pass 😃 😃

I think I read somewhere that Jesus said “If only people knew what kind of torments the souls in purgatory were suffering, they would do everything they could to alleviate it”…something like that…

I’m glad you liked the site, and hope you spread the word.

Man, posting is like fishing. You send out a line, and check how many people open it…

What? 15 nibbles and no responses?

Anyway, you two make me feel like I just caught a couple of trophy salmon ! Sockeye, no less ! Thanks, and have a nice day !

Being Catholic is really awesome. I actually feel bad for those who believe in other religions. For example, most of my mom’s side is Presbyterian, and there are some really beautiful God-loving people there, but my take is not so much that they are wrong, but that they are really doing things the hard way. Others, who believe in religions distant from Jesus, or who don’t believe at all…I don’t know what to say.
I agree, I have these thoughts all the time but I dont know what to say.

Something goes off in your head when you recognize you hit the jackpot. It reminds me of what Jesus said in Matt13:
44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.

45 "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls, 46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

I’m glad you love your faith. So do I.

Keep the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back