Historical facts about the Church

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jim_Baur
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim_Baur

Guest
I am surprised by how much I forget.

I am so slow when I try to defend the Christian Catholic Church.

I am hoping for some help in that area.

A friend scolds me because I am Catholic. He thinks the passages for the Eucharist are figurative.

I almost cried several days when I recalled or heard that the early Church used to be called cannibals.

Also, I like this question: what came first, the Church or the written Word of God?

For those who misunderstand “Sola scriptura” it is a great question.

Any other similar ideas?

I hope I made some sense.

Thanks in advance!
 
It was the Church, who with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, chose which works would be in the canon of the Bible. Without the Church, technically there would be no Bible, as no one would truly know which works were divinely inspired and which weren’t.

The Bible, especially the New Testament Canon was chosen and selected by the Church, with the full inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top