Oh God, Whose only…
In the Name of…

when i first started studying the Catholic church seriously, i
found this form, on the New Advent site, and later, once i became
serious about the church, i learned it…

i have read of several different ways to pray the Rosary, and was
wondering what some of the different ways, and different prayers
people here use…

remember i’m a newbie ( began studying the church beliefs and history about 4 years ago, was baptised this past year, and will be confirmed at Easter ), i never knew about the mysteries or
that there were different ways to pray it before… like lots of
people, i just thought it was ‘those Catholics, praying to Mary’…

🙂

I have heard of a unique way that many Portuguese people pray the Rosary. It goes like this:

First mystery
Our Father
Ten Hail Mary’s
Glory Be
Oh my Jesus
Repeat for all five mysteries
Hail, Holy Queen
Our Father
Three Hail Mary’s
Our Father
Apostle’s Creed

Though I could be wrong on this. I know that it start on the first mystery and end on the Apostle’s Creed. I could be mistaken on the exact form, but I think this is fairly close.

40.png
Aureole:
I have heard of a unique way that many Portuguese people pray the Rosary. It goes like this:

First mystery
Our Father
Ten Hail Mary’s
Glory Be
Oh my Jesus
Repeat for all five mysteries
Hail, Holy Queen
Our Father
Three Hail Mary’s
Our Father
Apostle’s Creed

Though I could be wrong on this. I know that it start on the first
mystery and end on the Apostle’s Creed. I could be mistaken on the exact form, but I think this is fairly close.
Do you remember where you got that information? The reason I ask is because I have never read that Sister Lucy or the Blessed Jancida or Franciso prayed the rosary that way. The Lady of Fatima as far as I know never instucted them to pray the rosary that way, again as far as I know anyway.

Santa Cruz:
Do you remember where you got that information? The reason I ask is because I have never read that Sister Lucy or the Blessed Jancida or Franciso prayed the rosary that way. The Lady of Fatima as far as I know never instucted them to pray the rosary that way, again as far as I know anyway.
I got it from a friend who is Portuguese. It could be something that only her family does, but I got the impression when she told me that most Portuguese families prayed the Rosary this way. I could be wrong on the exact form though.

Her exact words were “Are we praying starting with the Apostle’s Creed because I normally start at the first mystery and end with the Apostle’s Creed?” Well, those might not be the exact words, it’s been a few months. They are close enough to get the idea though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back