Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Irish_Becca
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Irish_Becca

Guest
I haven’t been here in a while because I have been so busy with school, but I just wanted to wish all my fellow Americans a belated happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a great, delicious day and much to be thankful for!! 😃
 
Hello, that was very kind of you to wish us a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you, Irish Becca. This is the only day of the year I eat to much. I hope your schooling is going well for you. 😃
 
*Hi Becca…hope things are going well for you. We had a fun Thanksgiving…learned a new Italian card game from my sister in law (who’s not Italian:D) and everything turned out delicious. Just finished eating some leftovers just now come to think of it. 😊

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! *
 
Thank you Irish Becca! That was so sweet of you to post this!

Hapy Thanksgiving to everyone from my two dogs and me!
 
I haven’t been here in a while because I have been so busy with school, but I just wanted to wish all my fellow Americans a belated happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had a great, delicious day and much to be thankful for!! 😃
that was really sweet, thanks, you too… I’ve been absent for a long time, too 😉
 
Thanks Becca! It was Great! I didnt get the fresh pumpkin like I told WTG I would try, but everything went super smooth. I did all the cleaning and prepping on Wednesday, all the Shopping on Tueday, we had our pastor over for the 25 entrees family style meal. Then we had five more people show up on top of our seven, and played Italian Bingo game called Tombola…and I won 5 consecutive pots! So happy!

Sharon, did you play Scopa?
 
Thanks Becca! It was Great! I didnt get the fresh pumpkin like I told WTG I would try, but everything went super smooth. I did all the cleaning and prepping on Wednesday, all the Shopping on Tueday, we had our pastor over for the 25 entrees family style meal. Then we had five more people show up on top of our seven, and played Italian Bingo game called Tombola…and I won 5 consecutive pots! So happy!

Sharon, did you play Scopa?
*Hi Hope…it’s called ‘‘scats?’’ You play with three cards, and to yell out scats, you have to have three cards…one 10 card, one face card, and one ace…all the same suit. If you’re the winner holding those three cards, then the others have to put money in. Or you have to get as close to 31 pts as you can with OTHER cards, to be the winner. It was fun!

Congrats on winning Tombola! 😃

I didn’t make homemade pumpkin pie either…😦 Supposedly, there is a pumpkin shortage, we were told?? :confused: Couldn’t find the little baking pumpkins anywhere. sniffle sob*
 
Aw, yeah they were saying that on the news, but we managed to have a lot of canned pumpkin here in our area, our grocers must shop hard to shop for us. Saw a few small sized pumpkins for like $5 ea. I was like whoa!

I bet I know that card game, but I haven’t played in a loooong while.
 
Becca…A belated Happy Thanksgiving! I cooked again for the 29th year and still enjoyed it! This year is bittersweet because next year all three of my children will be on their own. I know they will be back for visits but letting go is hard…but such is life!

Now on to Advent and Christmas!!! Got my Advent Wreath out and ready for Sunday…

God bless you!
 
Thank you! I had a wonderful day, and we still have tons of leftovers. We had about 10 pies here… LOL Jeans are getting a little tight on me. I’m going to have to try to watch my carbs now, but it’s so hard!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top