How are you celebrating Corpus Christi?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jade
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jade

Hello Friends!

I’m curious, how are you celebrating this wonderful feast?

A bunch of parishes around my city are putting together a procession in which we go to three different churches and listen to our Bishop speak about this wonderful gift!
I can’t wait!! Actually, if I don’t hurry and leave, I’ll miss the beginning!

God Bless!

Jade.

A couple of parishioners organised a music group (including my family) to sing more traditional hymns than usual relevant to the feast at Sunday morning Mass. Following the cup of tea afterwards, there was a Holy Hour. Nothing more spectacular, unfortunately.

My son’s orthodox Catholic school, Father Gabriel Richard High School in Ann Arbor, Michigan, observed Corpus Christi on Friday with a huge celebration. We began with Mass (HIGH Mass, with all the bells and incense) celebrated by two wonderful priests and assisted by a deacon (of one of the Eastern rites, but I don’t know which – his vestments were beautiful). The music was a combination of traditional and some of the better new Catholic music (NO OCP or GIA stuff).

At the end of Mass a group of preschool children from a local Catholic Montessori school sang “O Sacrament Most Holy” (the entire song from memory!). A weepy moment.

After Mass Father placed the Eucharist in the monstrance and the entire student body processed around outside the school singing and reciting a litany and saying prayers. (Note: We had expected severe thunderstorms that morning, but I prayed for good weather – and God was kind. It was brilliantly sunny, no cloud in the sky, and was about 70 degrees.)

The elevated monstrance was sheltered by a huge, ornate canopy, and the deacon walked backwards the entire way (facing the monstrance) leading the procession, swinging the censer. At the end of the procession an altar was set up and a Gospel reading was read and more songs were sung.

Afterward the Eucharist was exposed in the school chapel for the entire day and students and guests could pray.

I was in tears pretty much the whole time. These were hundreds of teenagers, usually all giggly and, well, acting like teenagers, but for this celebration they were reverent and took an active part. THIS is the future of our Church – good and orthodox kids. Thanks be to God!

'thann

Im gonna have a good pray,then onto my grans for a late afternoon dinner,then we will have a long disucssion about relgion after…as always!😉 :amen:

godsent, that sound awesome - you are lucky to have a grandparent to do that with!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back