M
myfavoritmartin
Guest
In I Co. 14:5 Paul says that he wished ALL spoke in tongues. That includes all Christians. In verse** 22 he states that the purpose of tongues is for a sign to unbelievers**. It comes through believers. Has that ‘purpose’ lost its validity? No, it has not.You tell this to a Fundamentalist Baptist and to many other Protestant Christians and they will tell you that was not the Holy Spirit. In fact, they will tell you that you are not really saved. Speaking in tongues, they say, ended with the completion of the Bible. Any supernatural experience like the one you’ve just described is, they argue, of the devil.
God Bless,
Michael
In verses 2-4 Paul says that he who speaks in tongues speaks directly to God and edifies his own spirit through that direct communication, bypassing human understanding and reasoning. It is spirit to Spirit communication. Again, I would ask, “is that purpose no longer valid?” Do we not need to commune directly with God anymore? Again, I believe the answer is no. The gift of tongues is still active. God does not take His gifts and calling back.
Denial of the gifts of God still being active today is a lie of the devil that brings doubt and confusion about God and Who He is and what He does. Doubt and confusion are the foundation of a double-minded person and the Bible says that a double-minded person is unstable in ‘all’ his ways and shall receive nothing from God. (James 1:5-8)
On a personal note, I could not care what others may think about my experience. Its between myself and my Saviour,
I am happy to share it, even at the risk of being ridiculed… I was a broken filthy rag a few years back,now I am one with the spirit and 1 in the Lord.
He is worthy to be sought!!!
Simon