How do I celebrate?

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

How do I celebrate the Feast of a Saint? For instance, today, from what I understand, is the Feast of St. Anne. If I wanted to celebrate this feast how would I do so? A special meal? A special prayer? Please advise. Time is of the essence.

Thank you so much in advance.

Peace

I suggest you attend mass today and join in with others who will also be celebrating her feast day. Just a suggestion…peace

david

40.png
Anonymous:
How do I celebrate the Feast of a Saint? For instance, today, from what I understand, is the Feast of St. Anne. If I wanted to celebrate this feast how would I do so? A special meal? A special prayer? Please advise. Time is of the essence.

Thank you so much in advance.

Peace
you could make a donation in her honor to a charity… 👍

In addition to Mass (which is the first and highest recommendation), you can take a cursory glance at the lives of a particular Saint and what they are renowned for. If possible, on that day (in honor of the Saint) you can take on a task or do something (in a small or large way) that they have devoted their lives to. i.e., For the Feast of Ss. Joachim and Anne (the parents of Mary), you can follow their examples of holiness by devoting this day to a special event for your spouse and children. There are many ways to see these two Saints of whom we know virtually nothing about. Their sanctity shines out especially in the fact that they raised Mary the Mother of God(!) and did so in an apparently quiet and humble manner. Etc. for the other saints.

Thanks for your thoughtful replies. I really appreciate it. No mass was offered today at my church or the other local Catholic Church. I guess I should have mentioned that.

Some years ago, I purchased a book at a Catholic flea market entitlted “MY Saint Name for Desert”. It was mostly for kids. But it had ideas and reseipes to celebrate one’s name day. It is great. unfortuately, out of print. They showed how to make cakes, say in the shape of a crown for a saint who was a king or queen, etc.

For St. Anne’s feast they suggest a cake in the shape of book (St. Anne’s symbol), A. light green frosting and pink icing roses are suggested also.
I always celebrate with ice cream. it goes with every feast.

Here’s a good book full of ideas for celebrations throughout the Church year.

Betsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back