How do I decide what Saints to pray to

• Thread starter Thread starter Gabrielle_S
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gabrielle_S

I have been reading the lives of certain Saints and I find that I can relate and have a special attraction for 3 in particular. They are St Gemma, St Therese of the Child Jesus and St Padre Pio. I pray to all three every day. How do I know if my prayers are answered who it was that helped me or do I assume that it was all of them. These 3 Saints are known for helping the physically ill, but they also welcomed their own suffering. That is one step my mind won’t let me take. I do not want my illness, I have children to raise and a lot to still accomplish in this life. I feel I could better serve God if I was made well again. Sometimes I fear that since these Saints saw suffering as something they wanted to endure that they won’t help me. Is my thinking flawed?
Gabrielle

The saints being in heaven are aware of the Will of God and will intercede for you in accord with it. Not always will their intercession result in what you are hoping for, but rather what you need according to the Will of God.

Now if your request is granted, unless you have a sign you can not be sure which of your intercessors succeeded in gaining your request for you. It could be any, all, or even none of them.

I have a question for you.

Have you thanked Jesus for your suffering? I know your favorite saints did.

1 Thes 5:
16] Rejoice always,
17] pray constantly,
18] give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
19] Do not quench the Spirit,

I find it speeds up the process for understanding and accepting God’s will for our lives. After the accidental death of my sister my Mom said, “it made no sense to thank God for my daughter’s death, until I did it.”

We will pray for you.

God :blessyou:

I don’t know what your illness is, but I assume it is potentially terminal. That is a tremendous cross to bear – especially as a mother.

I have non-fatal suffering that of course pales in contrast. I am fibro-bod (I have fibromyalgia) and I also have migraines. I do try to be a suffering a soul for the Lord when my pain is troublesome. Yet, I am still not embracing it the way that Jesus embraced His cross.

Read Anne Katherine Emmerich – Light on Light or the Dolorous Passion of our Lord – you will see a beautiful soul that did much while bed-ridden and a stigmatic.

It is difficult to accept our suffering as a gift – The late Fr. Jim Willig – a very holy priest – wrote a book “Lessons from the School of Suffering”. He tells of how he had told doctors he was allergic to pain before his cancer became evident. Well, that changed for him. It is small book, but quite worthwhile.

May you be upheld by our Lord and his blessed Saints. You are in my prayers.

It doesn’t matter which Saint prays for you the answer always comes from God. Give your thanks to Him. When we ask a Saint to pray for us they do, then God answers in accordance to the Divine Will. Speaking of prayers, I will remember you and your illness in mine this evening.

40.png
Mamamull:
The late Fr. Jim Willig – a very holy priest – wrote a book “Lessons from the School of Suffering”
Excellent book at a good price.

**Lessons from the School of Suffering **
Book by Fr. Jim Willig

Suffering is no guarantee of holiness. Many times it can be an invaluable teacher; other times it can crush a person into self-pity. But the lessons to be learned from suffering are many and, if we learn these lessons well, they can transform our lives, according to a young priest suffering from renal cancer.

In Lessons From the School of Suffering, Fr. Jim Willig shares his story of being diagnosed in his late 40’s with terminal renal cancer and the consequences of living with cancer and undergoing various treatments, none of which have stemmed the disease. Willig, a beloved pastor and inspiring preacher, felt called to share the lessons he has learned from the great pain associated with having cancer.

(96 pages)

$6.95

http://www.heartoheart.org/store/media/products/lessons.jpg

heartoheart.org/home.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back