How do I learn the responses?

• Thread starter Thread starter potterygirl
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be taught this in RCIA. We actually walk through the Mass, word for word. We also give each person a copy of the Order of The Mass for them to take home and read.

It’s all in the missel that should be in the back of the pew in front of you. The beginning part of the Mass is always the same and is in the beginning of the missel. Then, when it gets to the readings it goes to the day that it is and you flip to the page that has that day on it if you want to read along. Then, the Mass goes back to what is done at every Mass and you flip back to the front of the Missel where you left off.

If you go early and flip through you’ll get an idea. Also, in your RCIA I’m sure they will explain…

Welcome Amy and congratulations! I remember just how it felt to not know all the responses. Ask your parish permission to take home a weekly missal. They’re organized so that you have to jump around to find everything but most if not all of the responses you will hear in the mass can be found there. If you have your own copy you can sticky note or mark the pages to turn to so you can get there quick.

For me, I just eventually just learned them, though I still occasionally replace God with Father or vice versa. As you continue to attend the mass these wonderful responses that make up such an important part of our participation in the Liturgy will be ingrained.

Again, congratulations!

Thank you all!

Phew…I thought I would be taught in RCIA! URGH!!! Those classes cannot start soon enough! LOL!!!

As long as you assist at Mass regularly, you’ll pick them up. There really aren’t that many to remember. 😉

I am myself having a problem remembering to stand at the beginning of the prayer over the gifts, “Pray brethren that our Sacrifice may be acceptable…” instead of after …“for our good and the good of all His Church”. I think that is where the change is? It is just a matter of time.

Br. Rich SFO:
I am myself having a problem remembering to stand at the beginning of the prayer over the gifts, “Pray brethren that our Sacrifice may be acceptable…” instead of after …“for our good and the good of all His Church”. I think that is where the change is? It is just a matter of time.
Stand at the beginning ???

We stand at the end of this

Im lost 😦

Love Kellie

Yes, the first couple weeks after we implemented the changes, many were confused and remained sitting while others stood. The same happened as we kneel instead of stand for the Agnus Dei now. I think everyone will catch on sooner or later.

Shamus:)

40.png
kellie:
Stand at the beginning ???

We stand at the end of this

Im lost 😦

Love Kellie
This was just defined in the new General Instruction of the Roman Missal. Don’t feel bad. When I go to the parish where my husband is assigned, I’m the only one who stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back