How do these devotions go?

• Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Montie_Claunch

I was just wondering, I would like to start going to them when I get the chance and would like to aviod embarrisng myself and holding people up. How do the following devotoins go?
1.Adoration of the Blessed Sacrement
2. Stations of the Cross
3. (also what is) 40 hrs (I cant remeber the whole title of it but, I remeber it sounded interesting)

and also are there any other cool devotions in which I can particapate in (please keep in mind I am 20 yrs old and male so nothing like a baby shower please) to deepen my faith. Thanks for your help and God Bless.

Montie Claunch:
I was just wondering, I would like to start going to them when I get the chance and would like to aviod embarrisng myself and holding people up. How do the following devotoins go?
2. Stations of the Cross
3. (also what is) 40 hrs (I cant remeber the whole title of it but, I remeber it sounded interesting)

and also are there any other cool devotions in which I can particapate in (please keep in mind I am 20 yrs old and male so nothing like a baby shower please) to deepen my faith. Thanks for your help and God Bless.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is simple. Enter as quietly as possible. Try and spend about an hour in quiet prayer and refection. Leave the same way.

Stations of the Cross are done differently in different parishes. Get yourself a copy and read over the prayers and responses. Some parishes simply remain in the pew and rotate direction around the church as the priest walks from Station to Station. In others all walk from Station to Station as a group.

40 Hours devotion is the same as Adoration.

You can also find the K of C usually praying a Rosary weekly or monthly. First Friday and First Saturday Devotions are attending Mass on the First Friday or First Saturday of each month. I’m sure that you can find information on the Devotions and their focus on the net.

Aloha:
You may want to check out the Real Presence’s website. Lots of wonderful info there and it also tells you where you can find Eucharistic Adoration Chapels/Churches near you.
therealpresence.org/

and also are there any other cool devotions in which I can particapate in (please keep in mind I am 20 yrs old and male so nothing like a baby shower please) to deepen my faith.
I highly recommend the nine first friday to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and/or five first saturday to the Immaculate Heart of Mary devotions:

dailycatholic.org/firstsat.htm
theotokos.org.uk/pages/fatima/sacredh.html
  1. Stations of the Cross
You can pray the Stations of the Cross at home (I think it might be entitled the Way of the Cross). There’s books out there that can help you do so such as:
catholiccompany.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=6183

and also chaplets such as:
ewtn.com/vcatalogue/pages/itemdetail.asp?itemcode=BK14&source=categories.asp&category=ROSARIES&pgnu=1

I highly recommend a devotion to Our Lady. Start off with saying three Hail Marys in the morning and evening as shown here:
catholic-church.org/grace/marian/3-hail-marys.htm

Next, read “True Devotion to Mary” by St. Louis De Montfort:
ewtn.com/library/Montfort/TRUEDEVO.HTM

After that I would recommend an act of consecration to Our Lady.

Montie Claunch:
2. Stations of the Cross

Don’t worry about embarassment or holding people up. The average person going to a devotion is so full of love and grace that it won’t be a problem (at least that’s been my experience).

40.png
Madia:
and also chaplets such as:
[
Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I have a chaplet that I couldn’t identify and couldn’t find it on the Internet until now. It is a ‘Peace Chaplet’. I guess I’ll have to start saying it now huh?]("https://www.ewtn.com/vcatalogue/pages/itemdetail.asp?[/QUOTE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back