M
MissMichal
Guest
Forgive me, this may be a weird question. That’s why I bounce it off my friends. That way they can tell me if I’m up in the night 
I feel very spiritually connected sometimes, meaning I am moved to pray and I’m very grounded in God. I can talk to friends about hard subjects and the Spirit speaks through me and says what they need to hear.
At other times, though, I feel very separated from God. I think I should pray about it, but there have been times when I could not physically command my hand to make the sign of the cross. I want to pray, but I don’t feel able to. I feel either afraid to pray or deeply ashamed. This is mainly during times of deep depression or anxiety. I feel like an evil force has me by the short & curlies and is keeping me from communicating with God.
Now, I have been medically diagnosed with depresson and anxiety and I take medication. Could this problem with prayer be part of my medical condition, or maybe due to my spiritual naivete (I am a recent revert who never really “got with the program” to begin with), or could the Devil really be wrestling for my soul? Is he mad that I have rejected the world and finally submitted to Christ? Am I just crazy? What should I do here?
Thanks in advance,
-S-
I feel very spiritually connected sometimes, meaning I am moved to pray and I’m very grounded in God. I can talk to friends about hard subjects and the Spirit speaks through me and says what they need to hear.
At other times, though, I feel very separated from God. I think I should pray about it, but there have been times when I could not physically command my hand to make the sign of the cross. I want to pray, but I don’t feel able to. I feel either afraid to pray or deeply ashamed. This is mainly during times of deep depression or anxiety. I feel like an evil force has me by the short & curlies and is keeping me from communicating with God.
Now, I have been medically diagnosed with depresson and anxiety and I take medication. Could this problem with prayer be part of my medical condition, or maybe due to my spiritual naivete (I am a recent revert who never really “got with the program” to begin with), or could the Devil really be wrestling for my soul? Is he mad that I have rejected the world and finally submitted to Christ? Am I just crazy? What should I do here?
Thanks in advance,
-S-