How do you Love God each day?

• Thread starter Thread starter T.A.Stobie_SFO
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T.A.Stobie_SFO

Another question to ponder and share on if you like.

How do you Love God each day? Does it vary by day of week? Is it only parts of the day that you actively love Him?

Think about and share.

Hello T.A.Stobie,

Jesus says, “Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.” The best description on how to love Jesus and the Father each day, besides obeying the commandments, is to feed, clothe and comfort the poor. Mother Theresa spent many a long hour in companionship with our Lord Jesus Christ through caring for the Least of Jesus’ brothers.

Jesus really ellevates the importantance of feeding to poor out of love for Him by saying to those who do not do so, “Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food” It was Jesus, not Moses, who first gave us images of the fires of hell with Satan and his angels and Jesus was the first to give us the term “eternal damnation”. Jesus most famous description of hell is aimed at those who do not love and care for the poor. Obviously Jesus is emotionally emphasizing the great importance to love Him through caring for the poor.

NAB MATTHEW 25:31

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne, and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’ And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, a stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’ Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’ And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
Peace in Christ,
Steven Merten
www.ILOVEYOUGOD.com

I try to love God in every act I do (by doing it for God and with God) and in every thought I have including loving all those around me, particularly when they are being difficult.

When I get tired, it is more difficult and I fail more often.

I try to love God each day by taking care of and loving all 20 of my kindergarteners, especially the ones who are the most unlovable. Some come from homes where the teachers are the only loving face they see all day. Then coming home and taking care of my family even when all the 5 year olds have completely zapped me of my energy.

40.png
moira:
I try to love God each day by taking care of and loving all 20 of my kindergarteners, especially the ones who are the most unlovable. Some come from homes where the teachers are the only loving face they see all day. Then coming home and taking care of my family even when all the 5 year olds have completely zapped me of my energy.
You have a “Beautiful” heart, Moira. We need more teachers in the world, just like you. 🙂

I love God each day, by trying to be there and being of help for anyone God sends my way, by thinking of him during the day, by saying the Liturgy Of The Hours, which praises God and by going to daily Mass.

:blessyou:
Annie

In everything and everyone. In sleeping and in waking. In thought and in deed. In silence and in prayer. In tearing down and in building. In reaping and sowing. In justice and in generosity. In darkness and in light. In work and in rest. In listening and in speaking. In learning and in knowing. In the rich and in the poor. In the brave and in the weak. In hope and in hardship. In suffering and in peace. In eating and in fasting. In solitude and in company. In the internal and external. In the seen and unseen. In Sacrament and in intent. In faith and in charity. In Christ and in me. In living and in dying.

The degrees of love in God are numerous, the closest intimate love of a couple, between siblings, of daughter and of son, in parent and in child. The differing love of friendship, but love it remains. The love of a stranger, who I know nothing of but the kind word and act is love. The closest love of all is submission to My Lord, who is Spirit and life.

All these degrees of love is how I love God.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you.

Teresa

I love God each day by getting to Mass, praying with all my students all day, teaching them about Christ, Mary, Catholic Church, and saints, liturgy etc. but I seem to do best when I manage to get all 7 classes to the chapel to visit with Christ, and really talk to him from the heart.

TAStobie as usual a great post!

By thanking him everyday for the life He generously gives us each morning we get up from bed; for the blessings He continually showers us though at times we take it for granted; the constant and unchanging love of our families and the smiles and laughter they give us each time we come home from work. Each and every day is a profound gift from God, and this we show our love and gratitude by recognizing His guiding hand in our lives, and giving Him thanks.

Gerry 🙂

I renew my consecration to His Mother each day. My body and my soul, all my works, thoughts, actions, deeds, intentions, hopes. When I do or think something unholy, I am reminded of my consecration, and I strive to make amends.

Do you pray the Angelus?

40.png
AnnieD:
You have a “Beautiful” heart, Moira. We need more teachers in the world, just like you. 🙂

I love God each day, by trying to be there and being of help for anyone God sends my way, by thinking of him during the day, by saying the Liturgy Of The Hours, which praises God and by going to daily Mass.

:blessyou:
Annie
Annie, (That is my daughter’s name)Thank you for your kind words. I wish I had time for daily Mass. And to be completely honest, I am only the kindergarten assistant, but still deal with the kids all day long. The teacher I assist doesn’t differentiate between us so the kids listen to both of us. She asks me for my imput and suggestions. She’s really a great teacher!

Remember how Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcuta did this. She saw God in every person she met and loved Him by loving them.

I try to do the Stations of the Cross daily when I attend Adoration. I am teaching my kids to do the same when I bring them with me weekly. Even when I am feeling like I am in the Desert (as now) I keep on. I make my love for God overcome my emotional feeling of aloneness ( is that a word? It is now.)

I love Him more and more each day. The closer I draw to Him the closer He draws to me. I have made a new commitment . I now give Him 10% of my dailey time 2.4hrs.in prayer. Try it and see how much God loves you. You wont be disappionted. 👍

T.A.Stobie:
Another question to ponder and share on if you like.

How do you Love God each day? Does it vary by day of week? Is it only parts of the day that you actively love Him?

Think about and share.
In my daily life? Housework :mad: . Cleaning up after family members. Yes, I have to offer it up for the love of Jesus.

By being respectful and loving to others. Being thankful for the many blessings and trials I have. I ask Him to show me the way to His will everyday. Listening to Him even when I don’t like what He has to say. Teaching my children about our faith; giving all that I can as a mother and wife. Thanking Him for the beauty that he created that’s around me.

Great question. Thank you!

How do I love you Jesus?
comming back to the Catholic Church after being gone for years…I have alot to catch up on…I’m back in RCIA class (does that count?)😛
I try to pray each morning and night…I’m learning the Rosary all over again…I go to confession ALOT more often!😉
I plow thro my Theology for Beginners by EJ Sheed…I watch Journey Home every Monday night…I LOVE the Mass and plan my whole week around going every Sunday:D
I pray to the Holy Spirit to keep me on the path to my Savior and Lord:yup:
Ahhhhhh I love you Jesus!

40.png
kayla:
How do I love you Jesus?
comming back to the Catholic Church after being gone for years…I have alot to catch up on…I’m back in RCIA class (does that count?)😛
I try to pray each morning and night…I’m learning the Rosary all over again…I go to confession ALOT more often!😉
I plow thro my Theology for Beginners by EJ Sheed…I watch Journey Home every Monday night…I LOVE the Mass and plan my whole week around going every Sunday:D
I pray to the Holy Spirit to keep me on the path to my Savior and Lord:yup:
Ahhhhhh I love you Jesus!
Welcome back Kayla!

Thanks Serenity! and thank-you Thomas for such a great thread!
This is the kind of thread that warms my heart and soul and opens my eyes to the true meaning how we love the Lord.👍

Now-a-days I love God each day by bearing my sufferings as they come, offering them up to God in their entirety.

Some days and nights are very tough, but giving it to God helps.

How do you Love God each day?
Almost each and every day…all day long… I behave like a naughty impetuous child…I’m not sure how God tolerates me.:o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back