How do you make a responsorial psalm?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ILoveTheLordGod
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ILoveTheLordGod

Guest
Okay, We were assigned to make a prayer service and I’m in charge of the responsorial psalm. No, this isn’t the “readings for the day” thing. It’s supposed to be a psalm related to the theme, which is thanksgiving for God’s creation. I chose Psalm 104, but it’s too long. Am I allowed to take out a few lines?
 
I also like psalm 67, yes you don’t have to use all the verses, in Mass sometimes verses are omitted
 
If you read the various responsorial psalms that are used for mass you notice that there are indeed verses missing. They’re usually edited towards the theme of the mass and also for length. I’m guessing that your task is to find 1 or 2 lines in your psalm that represent the theme of the whole psalm and use that as your response, and then use the verses (usually only 3 or 4, maybe 5) that best fit.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top