How do you obtain indulgences?

• Thread starter Thread starter milimac
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

milimac

What are the various ways that one can obtain indulgences for one’s self or for those in purgatory?

See this website for obtaining indulgences for the Holy Souls. What a beautiful sentiment!

40.png
RosaLydia:
See this website for obtaining indulgences for the Holy Souls. What a beautiful sentiment!
That is a beautiful gift to give the souls!
May God shower His blessings upon you both!

You can obtain a copy of the Enchiridion of Indulgences(or Handbook of Indulgences) from EWTN’s website. This book contains all of the updated methods of obtaining indulgences.

One issue of which I am NOT certain is whether indulgences granted to specific prayers or devotions prior to the issuance of the updated Enchiridion are abrogated by the update or are still valid.

Thanks for your assistance. I am a cradle Catholic and had never heard of the Enchiridion of Indulgences, but it makes sense that such a document exists. There is a link to the 1968 version from RosaLydia’s link. Here is the direct link: ourladyswarriors.org/indulge/

Thanks Patrick2340 for the tip on where to find a hardcopy. You can getcha Enchiridion here. Everything I have seen so far on the web mentions the 1968 version. Perhaps it IS the revised version.

I also found this interesting document on how to avoid Purgatory and how to help those who are there: How to Avoid Purgatory

Thanks again,
milimac

40.png
milimac:
I also found this interesting document on how to avoid Purgatory and how to help those who are there: How to Avoid Purgatory
I have a copy of that booklet from Fr. O’Sullivan, except mine doesn’t have such a mild title…the version I have is called, “Read Me or Rue It” :bigyikes:

40.png
milimac:
Thanks Patrick2340 for the tip on where to find a hardcopy. You can getcha Enchiridion here. Everything I have seen so far on the web mentions the 1968 version. Perhaps it IS the revised version.
I am not aware that the most recent Enchiridion has been translated into English (which is why so many web references are to 1968). But then, it wouldn’t be the first time I was unaware of something.

tee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back