How do you pray for others?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Julie_de_Sales
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Julie_de_Sales

Guest
How do you include their intentions and their needs in your daily prayer? Personally, in my evening prayer, I entrust my family, my friends and everyone else I know to God and to Our Lady.

Recently I had the inspiration to pray more for my family and I thought about making a spiritual bouquet for each of the members of my close family that I will handle them on their birthday (btw, my father always says he doesn’t need presents, but prayers;) ) but I wonder it would be better to keep it secret. I don’t want to look like I’m showing off that I prayed for them, but at the same time I want them to know that I care.

What are your thoughts about this?
 
Julie,

I think it would be nice to let them know of a spiritual bouquet.

There is a parish near me that has Eucharistic adoration 24/7 (except during Mass) and they make available cards for people to send to friends or family that you have prayed an hour before the Blessed Sacrament for them on such a date.

In the morning when I say the LOTH Morning Prayer, I consecrate myself again to our Blessed Mother, and then I consecrate all my children by name, and their spouses and my grandchildren to her.

Those who have asked me for prayers I remember with aspirations during the day, as I have their name on my prayer list.
 
I have so many people that I know need my prayers. Often times I forget the who and what, but I know that the Lord remembers. So, the prayer I most often say is, “Lord, you know the need.”
 
Prayer WORKS, that’s the most important lesson I learned
recently, I posted a thread about my eating problems and
within a week, I felt that the Lord has come thru in a BIG way,
all because I aired my problems on CAForums!!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top