How do you pray the Rosary?

• Thread starter Thread starter Augustine
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost always sitting…In fact, I can’t think of a time in which I was postured otherwise while saying the Most Holy Rosary.

That’s mostly out of necessity–sometimes I pray the Rosary on the bus, as I have a two hour round trip every day and need to calm myself down and enrich my spirit before I head off to the other school I attend. Sometimes I am met with attacks to the faith and have to defend, so I clear my mind as such.

Other than that, I usually sit at a desk, music playing, Bible open before me–I find it easier to meditate on the mysteries if I use the Scriptural references.

May the Blessed Virgin Mary, through her intercessions and love, guide us to eternal life in her Son.

-ACEGC

Sitting. But also lying down in bed, every night…It’s a:yup: great way to fall :gopray: peacefully:yawn: asleep:sleep:

On the train, on the way to work in the morning. What a way to start the Day!!👍

At church kneeling or in my Van trying to get a moment so i do not fall apart. I say it alongside of Father Scallion. His voice is so peacefull, as is his sister that does parts and the singing. It is beautiful!!! There is not enough time to finish without distraction and at times i feel like the station was changed once i am discovered. As i like to be alone when saying it.

👋 Hello Everyone,

Does driving count as sitting? I pray in the car alot when I am alone.

I pray it in bed at night. I love falling asleep in the middle of praying it so my mind doesn’t have the opportunity to wander into sinful thoughts.

In my bed in the dark with my bouquet style Rosary. I like to be able to hold 2 beads at a time, it makes me feel like praying twice as fast (even though I’m not)…LOL!

Does everyone start the Rosary at night formally with the Apostle’s Creed at the Crucifix, or do most skip the tail and start on the first Ave of the first decade? I pretty much always start at the tail, but if it’s late, sometimes I just skip to the first bead in the decades. :gopray2:

Dianna

Sometimes kneeling, sometimes sitting, strangely enough though, I was saying the Rosary in my living-room about 5 weeks ago when I smelt a beautiful aroma of Roses.

Given the fact that I have no Roses in my house or garden, well it was strange.

ALL of the above…I carry my Rosary around the house with me…sometimes as I’m doing my houswork…out in the garden…driving the car… The Rosary is just a complete part of my life! When I don’t have any beads…I pray on my fingers…

Sitting cross legged in the spare bedroom. I still have to look off the paper.

I always kneel, facing an open window. I find that if I don’t kneel, I lose focus. When not in use, I wear my Rosary around my neck and under my shirt so when I feel alone or even when I feel blessed, I can put my hand to my chest, feel the rosary underneath and feel loved and grateful. 🙂

I also lose focus unless I’m kneeling. I’ve tried praying the Rosary at work, in the car, and in bed but constantly realise that my mind wandered ten minutes ago. I suppose getting discouraged and stopping trying is the last thing I should do.

Pretty much all of the above, considering what is happening at a given moment.

Lately I’ve been praying it in Latin to get them into memory (the main prayers). It took one Rosary to get the Hail Mary memorized and I’ll give it this much, I actually understand what I’m praying because I recognize some of the words.

40.png
KiwiCatholic86:
I also lose focus unless I’m kneeling. I’ve tried praying the Rosary at work, in the car, and in bed but constantly realise that my mind wandered ten minutes ago. I suppose getting discouraged and stopping trying is the last thing I should do.
Listen closely, for the little you think you are doing, you must re-consider! You are in prayer, even if it is for a few …maybe a decat. What is the alternative…talking on the phone, possibly gossiping, listening to the radio? If you spend 5 min, several times a day, this says 5 times today i sat in prayer with you. It does not have to be considered that it was a completion of the rosary to be sucessful. As a priest once told me, even if you desire to say it, and you are unable to, or pulled away from things, but you desired to…the lord rejoices in your want, and is still pleased in your attempt!

I’m glad this thread is started; it is a very important subject. Different prayer techniques and your experiences are always interesting to learn.

There was a time I prayed the entire Holy Rosary out loud until I learned that the Hail Mary prayers should be in the mind’s background (as in background music) and the meditations in the foreground of one’s thoughts. I changed. Now all the prayers except the Hail Marys are out loud and the Hail Marys are silently prayed as the mysteries become the focus of each decade.
One exception to this is the mysteries of The Assumption, Coronation, Annunciation, and Visitation . At that time the Hail Marys are vocalized since She is the subject of those mysteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back