How do you prepare for mass each Sunday

• Thread starter Thread starter joshua1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joshua1

I find it helpful to read the week’s readings before arriving at mass. I also say the pre communion prayer of St. Thomas Aquinas. And of course we always recite the Rosary. I find this puts me in a real spiritual mode. What about you guys. How do you prepare your heart and mind for Mass?

i’m proud of you…

i get up sunday morning, drag the kids out of bed… see if my Baptist wife is going… get in the car and go…

when we get there, I acknowlege God’s most beautiful Oak Tree, over 100 feet tall, over a bazillion years old, and I thank God for it’s continued vigilance and protection of St John The Baptist Catholic Church in Rineyville, Ky… I walk into this nearly 200 year old church, the home of my parents, grandparents and great grandparents and I thank him for letting me share one more Eucharistic Celebration with him…

Then I’m Ready… 👍

We make it a point in our house that no secular activities take place before Mass. Games and television are not permitted until the afternoon. The only music we listen to Sunday morning is Catholic and if we have extra down time, we read the Bible or the Mass readings (still the Bible). This is our own private devotion.

I like to keep the t.v. off and put on some Christain music while we are all getting ready. My favorite right now is Don Moen “I will Sing” I just like his music so much and the song I will sing brings me to tears and the other songs on the alblum are also very touching and uplifting, it just helps me feel calm and ready to worship. Oh, we also go over how are we gonna act today that type of things with our children 😉

If you own a missal, a good way to prepare is to read the Lectionary and Gospel beforehand. Of course prayer should be considered and a one hour fasting is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back