How do you spend the time after receiving Communion?

• Thread starter Thread starter DavidJoseph
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DavidJoseph

I’m interested in hearing how everyone here spends the prayer time after receiving Communion at Mass. Somehow I don’t feel like I make the most of that time, so I’d love to hear what others do in the hope that it’ll give me some ideas. 😉

On my knees in prayer until the priest invites us to stand for the prayer after communion.

40.png
mtr01:
On my knees in prayer until the priest invites us to stand for the prayer after communion.
Could you elaborate on that please?

Hello-

On my knees singing until the Communion song is done (we have long lines at our parish but not enough money to build a bigger church 😦 ). After the song is done, I usually pray St. Gertrude’s Prayer for the Holy Souls.

JXM

Dear friend

I pray and in my prayer I recognise my most intimate moment with Jesus in the receipt of Him into my body and in this I love Him, I tell Him I love Him and I thank Him with all my heart for everything, all things.

I praise Him and tell Him how beautiful He is. I whisper in my heart to Him all kinds of words trying to express my love for Him and my thanks and gratitude to Him. I offer Him my whole life, my body, my spirit, my heart and my life in gratitude to Him and by way of thanks as meagre as my offering is.

I ask Him then for my intentions for others and for myself and offer my Eucharist for those intentions. I always ask Him for graces and I ask Him to always stay with me and to keep me with Him. I ask Him to make me a good servant of His and His entire human family. I pray for the dead, especially those in my family and of others I know of and for all of the Holy souls in purgatory that they might be with Him. I ask Him to bring all souls to Himself and have mercy on all people’s. I ask Him to make me very small in heart and faith. I ask Him to let only my good deeds be known to the Holy Trinity and no-one else. I ask that His Will be done on earth by all people’s.

I ask Him to increase my faith and I ask Him to teach me all things, Good Teacher, Christ Jesus.

I thank Him for all the people I love and for all souls, I thank Him for my faith, I thank Him for my daughter and my Mother and Brother. I thank Him for all the good gifts He has won for me and all the hardships that I endure that He allows in His wisdom for my good. I offer Him any of my or others I know of suffering’s for His Holy Will and for His Desire to use as He Wills.

I thank Him for His Sacrifice, His Passion, I thank Him for His Mother and for the Church and I thank Him for my life. I thank Him for Himself in the Eucharist.

Sometimes I cry and sometimes I don’t, I cry for different reasons and I offer this to Jesus.

I tell Him again how much I love Him and then it’s time to stand. I end this prayer with this ‘Jesus I trust in You’ .

There is alot of action going on while I make this prayer, hymns and people moving around but I focus on Jesus indwelling me in His Most Holy Eucharist and all other activity around me is no distraction to me.

I sometimes have time to look at others receiving the Eucharist and I am constantly aware that Jesus indwells all that receive at this time and I am moved by this.

Sometimes I do not say very much at all to Jesus after Communion and just sit silent and love Him in my heart.

That is how my most intimate moment is shared with Jesus

This is a most private moment and I have often wondered how other people talk with Jesus after they have received Communion, so I am glad you asked this question.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

40.png
springbreeze:
Dear friend

I pray and in my prayer I recognise my most intimate moment with Jesus in the receipt of Him into my body and in this I love Him, I tell Him I love Him and I thank Him with all my heart for everything, all things.

I praise Him and tell Him how beautiful He is. I whisper in my heart to Him all kinds of words trying to express my love for Him and my thanks and gratitude to Him. I offer Him my whole life, my body, my spirit, my heart and my life in gratitude to Him and by way of thanks as meagre as my offering is.

I ask Him then for my intentions for others and for myself and offer my Eucharist for those intentions. I always ask Him for graces and I ask Him to always stay with me and to keep me with Him. I ask Him to make me a good servant of His and His entire human family. I ask Him to make me very small in heart and faith. I ask Him to let only my good deeds be known to the Holy Trinity and no-one else.

I ask Him to increase my faith and I ask Him to teach me all things, Good Teacher, Christ Jesus.

I thank Him for all the people I love and for all souls, I thank Him for my faith, I thank Him for my daughter and my Mother and Brother. I thank Him for all the good gifts He has won for me and all the hardships that I endure that He allows in His wisdom for my good. I offer Him any of my or others I know of suffering’s for His Holy Will and for His Desire to use as He Wills.

I thank Him for His Sacrifice, His Passion, I thank Him for His Mother and for the Church and I thank Him for my life. I thank Him for Himself in the Eucharist.

Sometimes I cry and sometimes I don’t, I cry for different reasons and I offer this to Jesus.

I tell Him again how much I love Him and then it’s time to stand. I end this prayer with this ‘Jesus I trust in You’ .

There is alot of action going on while I make this prayer, hymns and people moving around but I focus on Jesus indwelling me in His Most Holy Eucharist and all other activity around me is no distraction to me.

I sometimes have time to look at others receiving the Eucharist and I am constantly aware that Jesus indwells all that receive at this time and I am moved by this.

Sometimes I do not say very much at all to Jesus after Communion and just sit silent and love Him in my heart.

That is how my most intimate moment is shared with Jesus

This is a most private moment and I have often wondered how other people talk with Jesus after they have received Communion, so I am glad you asked this question.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa
Teresa, I see we pray so very much alike, and I certainly couldn’t say it any better than you do here. Your post actually brought tears to my eyes as I was reading it, it is so moving. God bless you, dear sister!

Geraldine

40.png
DavidJoseph:
Could you elaborate on that please?
Sorry, I didn’t realize you wanted content.

Usually my prayer involves first thanking Him for this, the most wondrous of all gifts given to man. Then I praise and bless him and express my adoration. I pray, in the words of St. Thomas Aquinas, that the communion be not a condemnation to punishment for me because of my unworthiness, but that it be a perfect quenching of my carnal desires and He would heal my sick soul and cure my of any evil that has infected me.

I also ask for an increase of all the virtues that are pleasing to God, especially faith, hope and charity. I ask the Lord to inflame within my tepid soul the fire of his divine love…so that I may be more able to love the Mass, where heaven and earth intersect and we join into the unending Liturgy of heaven, that I may be more able to love Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, and that I may be able to love my brother and sister pilgrims with the same kind of love that Jesus had for us, a love so complete that he laid down his life for us - that I might be able to love my neighbors enough to lay down my life for them as well.

Finally I as God to help me renounce my own will, that is, to unite it perfectly with his, that all my thoughts words and deeds proceed directly from Him. Also, that I might be a perfect instrument of His love and peace, that everyone will praise God through the works that he has empowered me to do.

(usually I run out of time here, but if not…)

I will humbly ask to Lord to help me knock down all the barriers, which I have erected through my sin, that keeps me from Him, and that He come and purify my soul, that I might achieve as close a union with Him as possible in this life.

I kneel in prayer (unless I’m with my parents, who don’t, and out of respect for them, I stay standing but bow my head). I generally say a prayer of thanks, throw in some extra-special intentions (lately it has been prayer for friends, college, and some very special relationships and people), pray for the ability to continue growing in my faith and love for God, and then an Our Father. Along with that, I might have some meditation (but since I usually sit up front, there isn’t that much time).

Eamon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back