How does one give devotion to the Sacred Heart?

• Thread starter Thread starter PMV
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PMV

I’ve heard about the promises Jesus made to those who give devotion to His Sacred Heart. What is one supposed to actually do in order to give devotion to the Sacred Heart?

40.png
PMV:
I’ve heard about the promises Jesus made to those who give devotion to His Sacred Heart. What is one supposed to actually do in order to give devotion to the Sacred Heart?
Oh, there are a few things one can easily do to start. Get yourself a picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and place where you and your family can readily gaze upon it. This will help you start thinking about Him more frequently.

You can also start the First Friday devotions to His Sacred Heart.
This is an excellent devotion that will bring you closer to Him.

miraclerosarymission.org/shj.htm

Aditionally, any devotion to the Blessed Mother will always draw you closer to Her Son as well. For that is Mary’s purpose.

Would it be ok to get a picture of the Sacred Heart by printing it out from a computer? Would this picture of the Sacred Heart which was printed out from a computer be acceptable for use in practicing devotion to the Sacred Heart?

40.png
PMV:
Would it be ok to get a picture of the Sacred Heart by printing it out from a computer? Would this picture of the Sacred Heart which was printed out from a computer be acceptable for use in practicing devotion to the Sacred Heart?
Absolutely. Why not? It’s still His likeness. You will find big blessings await you in your devotion.

To give complete devotion to the Sacred Heart, wich prayers are to be said daily? As for the First Friday devotions, are they for the first Friday of every single month?

40.png
PMV:
To give complete devotion to the Sacred Heart, wich prayers are to be said daily? As for the First Friday devotions, are they for the first Friday of every single month?
The devotion is first fridays of 9 consecutive months. You can start any month, but must not skip one for any reason. You must go to mass and receive Eucharist, must go to confession.

I know of no special prayers that are said daily in conjunction with this devotion.

Here is another website that may help.
kensmen.com/catholic/sh.html

http://www.kensmen.com/catholic/sh.jpg

In converting, this is one of the things I have been learning. But, how exactly do you pray to the Sacred Heart? Do you just pray regularly like you would address Our Lord?

I haven’t personally tried the devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, but have seen a few prayers that would definately get you started. The most important part of the devotion is to take communion and go to mass on the first Friday of every month for nine months. In addition to this, there are other prayers you can use as well. Here is a link to try.

ewtn.com/Devotionals/heart/index.htm

40.png
PMV:
Yes. Any image which brings your eyes to where you wish the heart to be is good. For where your eyes are is where your mind is. However it would be better to have any image, which is being used to further devotion, blessed by a priest. It is preferable if the blessing given is appropriate to the desired purpose of the object being blessed rather than just a general blessing.
Prayers to the United Hearts of Jesus and Mary also assist in this devotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back