How God lifts you up

• Thread starter Thread starter kev7
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kev7

A few months ago I didn’t feel as if I had the chance to do anything good. I didn’t have anyone to love in my life and I wasn’t in receipt of any. In fact, my contract ended (in a rather dirty way) so I didn’t have a job. Regardless, I still had my faith.

I searched these forums for something of value that would lift my spirts but I didn’t quite find anything.

Then I remembered a friend that told me that St. Jude was someone that she prayed to.

With that in mind I searched the internet for “St Jude” and found
St. Jude Childerns Hospital web site.

I had a bit of cash on my credit card so I just filled out the form and sent a donation. It kind of made me feel good. I never did that before. I was happy that I could do something worth while with just a click of my mouse

Anyway. it wasn’t long after that and a great job came my way. I never even put forth much a job search. Just sent out a few resumes.

Today in the mail I received a package of christmas cards and a pen from the hospital. I didn’t think much of it but then I noticed that the letter was sent from Memphis.

I then remembered that the new company I’m working for has its head office in memphis. There is in away a connection there - after all I live in canada.

You may not belive this, but I just feel like this is how God has repaid me for my help.

The thought of this fills my heart and I just thought I would share this.

When things are going bad and your feel yourself sinking be sure to keep your eyes on Jesus.

Yep, I have heard a theory that if you are a good steward of your money then God will give you more of it to take care of (kinda like the guy who was given 5 talents, invested and made 5 more, so the talent that didn’t get used by the servant who only got 1 talent, was given to him).

Plus St. Jude is the patron saint of desperate cases, so if you really needed a job then I suppose he would have stepped in and helped you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back