How has Total Consecration helped you?

• Thread starter Thread starter Greenscapular
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greenscapular

I am reading St. Louis de Monfort’s Book, True Devotion to Mary, and would like to hear about how this Devotion has been a help to others in their Spiritual Growth. I understand it is a Most Perfect renewal of Baptismal Vows, and I look forward to make this Consecration myself.

Thanks,
Greenscapular

It doesn’t just help us, it helps to increase the glory of heaven too! 🙂 Part of my consecration is that I give to Mary any indulgences I have gained during the day. (Remember to pray for the Pope each day). By giving her the indulgences, She can do more, directing graces to where they will be most useful. I’m quite sure the Father of Lies despises all this efficiency, so do it.

40.png
Greenscapular:
I am reading St. Louis de Monfort’s Book, True Devotion to Mary, and would like to hear about how this Devotion has been a help to others in their Spiritual Growth. I understand it is a Most Perfect renewal of Baptismal Vows, and I look forward to make this Consecration myself.

Thanks,
Greenscapular
I too have been reading about the Total Consecration (thanks to csr), and am also looking forward to it 🙂

Imagine how it felt when you were a small child and your mother was always there and tenderly leading you by the hand… you had love, security and refuge in this dangerous world. That is what it feels like to be one of Mary’s little ones. She also teaches us many things that we would never stumble on our own. Great man desired it but did not have what we can attain through Mary. She is the simplest and truest of creatures and she is much loved by her Son, who is our ultimate goal.

40.png
tru_dvotion:
Imagine how it felt when you were a small child and your mother was always there and tenderly leading you by the hand… you had love, security and refuge in this dangerous world. That is what it feels like to be one of Mary’s little ones. She also teaches us many things that we would never stumble on our own. Great man desired it but did not have what we can attain through Mary. She is the simplest and truest of creatures and she is much loved by her Son, who is our ultimate goal.
Great answer. I made my consecration 20 years ago and try to renew it every year. Every time I read the devotion I learn something new. What an awesome devotion.

Thanks for all the replies so far, I look forward to hearing others. I’m not a full member of the Church yet, but will most likely make my consecration before Confirmation and First Communion.

Yours in Christ,
Greenscapular

Dear Greenscapular,

You will have to reverse the order. The consecration to True Devotion involves going to confession and communion at the time you are making your consecration. But do not loose heart… time passes rather quickly.

:blessyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back