How have you implemented St. Therese's little way

• Thread starter Thread starter Mjohn1453
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mjohn1453

Those of you who have a devotion to St. Therese of Lisieux or are inspiried by her, how have you implemented St. Therese’s little way in your own life. Or how have you seen someone around you implement it?

Thanks

In the morning when I awake, I offer everything of my day to the glory of God including all the works of my day, the trials and sufferings, the joys, everything of myself. I am just learning to accept the happenings of my days/life with complete trust and acceptance in God’s providence for me (which is one of the hardest things to do!). I try to see God’s glory in the smallest things in life. I have a great desire to do “big” and important things for God with my life, but am trying to accept the little and mundane things of my days as ways that I can give God just as much glory as someone like Mother Teresa or Mother Angelica.

I just got done reading a book about St. Therese’s sister, Leonie Martin. It is a great read!! I think it says in the book that she is perhaps the first person to put St. Therese’s little way into practice. She is one of the least known Martin sisters, but probably one that can be most indentified with by the people of today. She brought much anguish to her mother especially because she had so many struggles since childhood. She could’ve had something similar to Attention Deficit Disorder which made life extremely difficult. She went on to become a Nun herself, but after numerous tries and in a different order than her sisters. The name of the book is simply, “Leonie Martin - A Difficult Life.” Author - Marie Baudouin-Croix—Publisher - Veritas.

St. Therese has greatly inspired me and I love her!

I oftentimes pray all day long without much words, just lifting my heart up to God in all my weakness. I only say, “Oh God, please help me!” I don’t even ask for anything specific because he knows better than I do what it is I (and everyone else I lift up in prayer to him) really need.

I just lift my heart to him all day, whether I’m working, taking care of the kids, driving. I never keep myself far from him. I think that’s what is meant when St Paul (?) says to “Pray Always.” You really can do this just by keeping your small heart close to him all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back