How important is daily prayer?

• Thread starter Thread starter ATexasCatholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ATexasCatholic

**Mother Teresa of Calcutta once said “without prayer no faith, without faith no love, without love no service, without service no joy, no peace. I truly believe that all the happiness that we have in our lives comes from prayer. We get everything we need in our life from God and if we do not communicate with him, how will we know what he wants. Prayer also gives us strength to fight evil and help others. Saint Therese of Lisieux said “What would I do without prayer and sacrifice? They are all the strength I’ve got, the irresistible weapons our Lord granted me. I’ve proved it again and again – they touch souls more surely than any words can. **

If you want to find a deeper way of praying I would suggest reading books by or on Saint Therese of Jesus (Avila) or Saint John of the Cross. “Fire within” is a good one to read

I will go further:

Blessed is the one who can pray always in everything one does.

Prayer is extremely important. Not only directly communicating with God, but also living (and doing) with God in everything we do.

Gee…How important is the air you breathe?

Peace and all good,

Thomas2

Sometimes I find myself “too busy” and the morning passes by without prayer, even though I try to make a habit to at least pray a morning offering if hat’s all I can do (a 12 mo old and one on the way).
When I realize the am has passed w/o prayer, I get discouraged. I had a thought the other day - how many times do I say “I love you” to my spouse? Plenty, and isn’t the one who gave me my spouse at least as important? So I find I have to work harder to pray, and show gratitude but He is worth it!! 😃

Vvvvvvveeeeeerrrryyy important.

As far as I’m concerned, I could always do more praying. :gopray2:

You can not have a relationship with someone you don’t talk to. If you want to truly love God than nothing is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back