How is adoration of the Blessed Sacrament exposed in a monstrance better?

• Thread starter Thread starter Philomena
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Philomena

Why is it considered ‘better’ to adore Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament exposed in a monstrance than praying before a closed tabernacle? A priest I know says it doesn’t matter. One is not better than the other, that’s why he won’t make an effort to promote Adoration at his parish.

40.png
Philomena:
Why is it considered ‘better’ to adore Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament exposed in a monstrance than praying before a closed tabernacle? A priest I know says it doesn’t matter. One is not better than the other, that’s why he won’t make an effort to promote Adoration at his parish.
That’s why he won’t promote it? That priest is a silly man.

Adoration can be done through either method. A monstrance can be aesthetically more beautiful and provides a fine manner of holding Jesus out to the adorers, but it is not necessary to the practice.

Whether one is better than the other cannot - and should not - affect whether your priestly friend is an advocate of the practice. The argument is without logic or substance. It’s like saying you shouldn’t say the Rosary because some rosaries are more beautiful than others.

Be sure to give this response to your priest, along with my contact information from my website. I’d love to discuss his silly argument with him and get to the real reason he won’t promote it.

well the benefit of a monstrance is that one can actually see the Blessed Sacrament. Also it enables the priest to conduct Benediction, a beautiful prayer service that cannot be done if the Sacrament remains in the tabernacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back