How much emphasis?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CyrilSebastian
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CyrilSebastian

Guest
How much emphasis should a church/parish place on celebrating the feast day of that particular church/parish?
 
I assume that you are referring to the feast of the parish patron saint. Parishes are allowed some latitude in the liturgical calendar to celebrate their patron saint feast day, so perhaps the Church meant it to be given much emphasis.

As for me, I think that it’s an excellent opportunity to get the saint known by the parishioners, show them an example of a holy life and inspire them to conversion of life. Not to mention the special intercession for all the parish.

Pax Christi
 
I assume that you are referring to the feast of the parish patron saint. Parishes are allowed some latitude in the liturgical calendar to celebrate their patron saint feast day, so perhaps the Church meant it to be given much emphasis.

As for me, I think that it’s an excellent opportunity to get the saint known by the parishioners, show them an example of a holy life and inspire them to conversion of life. Not to mention the special intercession for all the parish.

Pax Christi
:thumbsup:That.

At my parish, our feast day is already a solemnity in the Church so this really isn’t an issue for us 😃

Gertie
 
My ethnic parish doesn’t celebrate the feast of the parish patron saint at all. I think part of the reason could be that the feast day for this saint is different in the US than it is traditionally celebrated in the native country.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top