How much is enuff?

• Thread starter Thread starter kayla
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kayla

How much money so you put in the collection basket on Sunday?
Is there a rule of thumb? just wondering:confused:

I don’t think that there’s a definite answer. The biblical rule is to give 10%. In some parishes with a stewardship program you are asked to specify a certain percentage of gross income for the parish, say 8%, then give 2% to other charities. Whatever the rule may be, I think that Catholics generally are probably falling way below the biblical guideline.

JimG

What ever you give is between you and God. But be consistant. If for any reason you miss a week, like the car breaks down, then work in catching up…but be consistant.

I’ve also heard 8%, but I’ve read somewhere (ArchBishop’s Catholic Appeal in Denver, possibly), that one suggestion was 5% to the local parish, 3% to the diocese and 2% to other…

John

I read somewhere recently that if you don’t feel the ‘pinch’ you’re not giving enough. It wasn’t speaking specifically about giving at church, but giving alms in general.

If it’s easy to give 2%, 5% or 10% at church, if that money was just going to collect on your dresser, well- it’s still great to give! But I do believe there must be a sacrifice of some sort.

I have heard that you should tithe 10% of your income. But I believe that we should just give however much we can give, proportionate to the amount of money we are making. Just as the Lord multiplied the loaves and fish, He can also take our small offering and do great things with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back