How often do you read the Cathecism of the Catholic Church?

• Thread starter Thread starter Michael038
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael038

How often do you read the Cathecism of the Catholic Church? Do you own a copy? Read it on line?

I haven’t read it cover to cover, but rather consult it like a reference book. I keep it by my bed.

👍 I usually read it to clarify something about the Faith. I did read the first couple of chapters - it’s really a compelling read.

40.png
seeker63:
I haven’t read it cover to cover, but rather consult it like a reference book. I keep it by my bed.
Ditto here.

I seem to look something up every day - on line or I have small paperback copies that I carry with me. My son has his own paperback copy, and there is another on the shelf at home… we give ours a real workout!

I also use mine as a reference work, especially when I’m teaching.

The word “read” implies sitting down and reading a large continuous section of it, rather than looking up a paragraph every so often. I look up a portion of a paragraph every so often. I read it (all) once. I see no need to read it again at this time.

I voted “other”. I read it from cover to cover when it first came out. I read it again last year, when I felt the Lord was asking me to evangelize more. Now, I’m reading it for a third time as part of my daily spiritual reading. Each time I read it, I get more out of it. Initially, I had a hard time with it and I missed a lot.

I also use it as a reference from time to time, but I sometimes have a difficult time finding the specifics that I’m looking for.

God Bless,
Gary

Like others I use it as a reference source. It is an excellent work and very readable.

Last year, while trying to learn what the RCC teaches I read it daily. After several months, it slowed down to a couple times a week. Because of our recent move, packing then unpacking in the new place, and still trying to get settled in… I read it when I can.

40.png
pippin:
I also use mine as a reference work, especially when I’m teaching.
Same here. I’ve read it once all the way through (one of those Catechism in a year programs), and now I find myself looking up something almost every day either for preparing Bible studies, for looking up something someone has asked me about the Fatih, or as a reference for something I’m reading.

I’ve read the CCC all the way through cover to cover. Some sections of it are so beautifully written than my opinion is that those sections are inspired, just my personal take. I refer to the CCC often but I have not gone back and reread it like I did the first time around about a year ago.

I pick a topic each day and read about it in the Cathecism. I also write down the Bible verses that are referenced and read those as well. It helps me in my daily walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back