T
traillius
Guest
I find myself being beaten about the head, proverbially, by a fact that most people learn in their late teens and early twenties. I am thirty six and learning it only now. This lack is because I wasn’t getting the medicine I need, which I am now taking. I may need more than one medicine. I also had never dealt with some problems from early childhood. But the awareness that people in my life have hurts and needs at least as great as my own is something I never took notice of before.Its a new concept to me. Any advice on how to implement the obvious, that I am sadly, yet hopefully, learning now. Better late than never, I guess. Case in point: My wife got sick and disabled in 2006. I had, until very recently, thought mostly about how hard this made my life. While this is a valid assessment, my personality flaws blinded me to the fact that its even harder for my wife. After all, she is the disabled one. There are more of these situations in my life and social circle. Advice?