C
CatholicWhovian
Guest
I have a rule: never look at the comments section of anything on the Internet. I always remind myself that it’s just full of stupid people making baseless remarks.
But sometimes I break that rule because sometimes I disagree with an article I read and want some closure in the comments. And then I encounter an anti-Catholic remark which just adds to my uncertainty. For example, there’s this non-Catholic Christian in this one article and his comment was totally unrelated to it. However I was annoyed and hurt by what he said about how we shouldn’t need the Church because we are the temple of the Holy Spirit blah blah blah and how the Church describes itself as Holy Mother just so that priests would want the laity to depend on them more and nothing else blah blah blah and we should depend on ourselves and our faith alone blah blah blah
I know what he said is totally wrong, but no one rebutted his argument and I’m still finding a way to justify that he is wrong. Which takes up a lot of my time. Which annoys me even more. This is true for all anti-Catholic comments I encounter - heck even some in these forums.
I’m really really sensitive to comments such as the one I told you about before. How do you guys deal with such comments and find spiritual peace? And can anyone help me rebut his argument?
But sometimes I break that rule because sometimes I disagree with an article I read and want some closure in the comments. And then I encounter an anti-Catholic remark which just adds to my uncertainty. For example, there’s this non-Catholic Christian in this one article and his comment was totally unrelated to it. However I was annoyed and hurt by what he said about how we shouldn’t need the Church because we are the temple of the Holy Spirit blah blah blah and how the Church describes itself as Holy Mother just so that priests would want the laity to depend on them more and nothing else blah blah blah and we should depend on ourselves and our faith alone blah blah blah
I know what he said is totally wrong, but no one rebutted his argument and I’m still finding a way to justify that he is wrong. Which takes up a lot of my time. Which annoys me even more. This is true for all anti-Catholic comments I encounter - heck even some in these forums.
I’m really really sensitive to comments such as the one I told you about before. How do you guys deal with such comments and find spiritual peace? And can anyone help me rebut his argument?