How to explain why homosexuality is sinful?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kittensrule
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Adding to the ideas posted, is that the original Genesis passage of God’s creation of the male and the female, the man and the woman, God showed a precedent as to what male and female were all about, and the fact that the female was made for the male, and then God showed the pattern for what marriage is,…in that he brought the woman to the man and introduced the helpmate and marriage and then He explained His plan to them, what the union was partly for was to procreate.

This is always the picture repeated in pattern all over the scripture showing it to be God’s plan for what a couple is, what it consists of, and what marriage is and what marriage is for.

There is no pattern and esp no pattern with approval by God, of any ‘other’ kind of human pairing, coupling, and esp. no marrying.

For someone to have an ‘orientation’ away from the opposite sex and toward the same sex, is completely redundant as far as any coupling and esp. in regard to marriage.

The sex. draw toward same sex is sinful if acted upon, or entertained and that is where it stops. Nothing in Holy Scripture approves of anything outside of the bible shown pattern and patterns from Genesis of the original male and female couple and the only kind of marriage or coupling that God made and approved.
 
I have a friend who is homosexual. She knows that I don’t agree with it but I am always lost for words when she or someone else asks me why I believe homosexuality is sinful. I don’t want to sound cruel but I want to make sure I’m saying the right things in these debates. Any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated. Thanks! :confused: 😦
The erotic acts which comprise the sexual life of people who desire those of their own sex are always matters of pure sensuality. Sexuality is meant to lead the partners into sharing God's creation through procreation; same-sex stimulation is only for gratification of the senses. Procreation always involves the other -- a person of the other gender, the possibility of producing children who are people differing from oneself -- whereas same-sex actions can only reinforce one's own personal identity, one's own personal sensations. There is a fundamental self-worship involved, an act of idolatry of one's own body and persona, rather than a surrender of both of these to the will of God or the good of another. It is always self-centered and turns the person who practices it away from the wider world. Since common sense is now so tattered in the majority of people in the West, it's necessary to look at these psychological harms, which are especially invisible to those who are involved in them; and the reason for this destruction of the common sense has to do with the triumph of individualism in the West, where "It's nobody's business if I do" is the standard for most. Our social world is absolutely ego-istic, and homosexuality is the purest expression of this self-exaltation, a self-exaltation which is the summit of the eroticization of the human body and soul.
 
I find that the postings of Sochi are troubling in that he believes the world is the generator of truth. (at least what I can surmise from his postings). We as Catholics follow the revelation of God who has made himself known over time. God is all knowing and is the giver of all of life. Therefore I and others follow what is good and holy knowing that is what is best for us and His creation. There are many things we can believe about life but only what has been revealed from a higher source is the correct way to bring true happiness. For we live for a world that is not here but in a much better place.

I know some homosexuals and many of the ones I have met seem to have a deep sadness that is not always manifested. I know that some are happy on the outside but on the inside it is a different story. Maybe it is not living properly and natural law has subconscious affects on the psychological. I just know that there is an interior joy from doing things right which I guess Sochi would say a lack of guilt.
Perhaps they have a deep sadness because despite homosexuality being a naturally occurring phenomenon in humans and animals, there is a large proportion of the population that believe they are morally corrupt according to their respective religions.
 
I have a friend who is homosexual. She knows that I don’t agree with it but I am always lost for words when she or someone else asks me why I believe homosexuality is sinful. I don’t want to sound cruel but I want to make sure I’m saying the right things in these debates. Any advice on how to handle this would be appreciated. Thanks! :confused: 😦
Can I ask why you want to answer their question?

If you want to answer it so as to help them to understand your way of thinking, then I would suggest that it would be best to ask yourself why you believe it to be sinful. Do you hold that belief because of the expressed views of the Bible, the Catechism, your priest, your grandmother, etc? Having figured that out, you could ask them why they believe it to be okay, and then you two could explore each other’s system of morality.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top