How to feel forgiven?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tuffsmurf
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tuffsmurf

Guest
I’m having a hard time believing in the forgiveness after confession. I know all about the absolution and its effects, but it is hard for me to feel it… The sins I still feel bad about aren’t perhaps really “horrible”, but they were bad and I really regret them and ask for God’s forgiveness. Sometimes I feel like such a bad catholic, like I am scandalizing the church or something like that because of not being good enough. What should I do in order to feel forgiven? I have confessed every grave sin I am aware of.
 
I’m having a hard time believing in the forgiveness after confession. I know all about the absolution and its effects, but it is hard for me to feel it… The sins I still feel bad about aren’t perhaps really “horrible”, but they were bad and I really regret them and ask for God’s forgiveness. Sometimes I feel like such a bad catholic, like I am scandalizing the church or something like that because of not being good enough. What should I do in order to feel forgiven? I have confessed every grave sin I am aware of.
First, you have to believe that God loves you. God does want you to be reconciled to Him.
We don’t go to confession out of fear, but out of love. Think of the Lord as your beloved…you want to come back together, to be of one mind and heart.
God does love you, and your honest and sincere confession greatly pleases Him.
The grace you receive is real. God bless you.
 
I would pray and keep praying. You have to listen to the still small voice of God and not your own. I find it’s nice to pray in church perhaps after Mass, daily. I would suggest an hour. That said, you might want to ignore me and get a spiritual director. But pray the Rosary, ask Our Lady, pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. To get started read St. Faustina’s Diary and do St. Louis de Montfort’s total consecration to Mary. I really like having community and friends that build me up also, so finding a bible study, prayer group, or something sImilar can change the course of your life. God bless
 
I’m having a hard time believing in the forgiveness after confession. I know all about the absolution and its effects, but it is hard for me to feel it… The sins I still feel bad about aren’t perhaps really “horrible”, but they were bad and I really regret them and ask for God’s forgiveness. Sometimes I feel like such a bad catholic, like I am scandalizing the church or something like that because of not being good enough. What should I do in order to feel forgiven? I have confessed every grave sin I am aware of.
Its not an emotion! Just believe it.
Ignore satan.

Jesus told st faustina, people who confess and doubt forgiveness hurt him more with their lack of trust, than with their sins
 
Thank you all.

I really want to trust God and his mercy, but it is so hard when I have so much anxiety. Sometimes I even feel guilty about things I know I have not done, I don’t know why I am feeling this way.
 
Thank you all.

I really want to trust God and his mercy, but it is so hard when I have so much anxiety. Sometimes I even feel guilty about things I know I have not done, I don’t know why I am feeling this way.
Confess, forget, move on!

If you sin, act of contrition, decide you will confess and move on, until confession

We are always supposed to acept and have Gods peace
 
I suggest you do a little research on " Atonement of past sins " there are numerous articles.
 
I’m having a hard time believing in the forgiveness after confession. I know all about the absolution and its effects, but it is hard for me to feel it… The sins I still feel bad about aren’t perhaps really “horrible”, but they were bad and I really regret them and ask for God’s forgiveness. Sometimes I feel like such a bad catholic, like I am scandalizing the church or something like that because of not being good enough. What should I do in order to feel forgiven? I have confessed every grave sin I am aware of.
Jesus to St. Faustina -

"…when you go to confession, to this fountain of My mercy, the Blood and Water which came forth from My Heart always flows down upon your soul and ennobles it. Every time you go to confession, immerse yourself entirely in My mercy, with great trust, so that I may pour the bounty of My grace upon your soul. When you approach the confessional, know this, that I myself am waiting there for you. I am only hidden by the priest, but I myself act in your soul. Here the misery of the soul meets the God of mercy. Souls draw graces solely with the vessel of trust. If their trust is great, there is no limit to My generosity. The torrents of grace inundate humble souls." (Diary, 1603).

Divine Mercy Image - St. Faustina

http://s8.postimg.org/422f1cyxh/Christ_9.jpg

"These two rays issued forth from the very depths of My tender mercy when My agonized Heart was opened by a lance on the Cross." (Diary, 299)

"Write: I am Thrice Holy, and I detest the smallest sin. I cannot love a soul which is stained with sin; but when it repents, there is no limit to My generosity toward it. My mercy embraces and justifies it. With My mercy, I pursue sinners along all their paths, and My Heart rejoices when they return to Me. I forget the bitterness with which they fed My Heart and rejoice at their return." (Diary, 1728)

**“I never reject a contrite heart.” **(Diary, 1485).

I hope this has helped

God Bless you
 
I’m having a hard time believing in the forgiveness after confession. I know all about the absolution and its effects, but it is hard for me to feel it… The sins I still feel bad about aren’t perhaps really “horrible”, but they were bad and I really regret them and ask for God’s forgiveness. Sometimes I feel like such a bad catholic, like I am scandalizing the church or something like that because of not being good enough. What should I do in order to feel forgiven? I have confessed every grave sin I am aware of.
You may want to try experiencing forgiveness by forgiving anybody that you may be holding a grudge against. Forgive others and you shall be forgiven.

Alms giving may also gain you the grace to forgive yourself.

These ideas may not apply to you, but have worked for me.
 
We do not have a dispotic control over our feelings…only a “diplomatic control”…our feelings do not always follow our will…(since the fall). And according to temperment or background some may have more…others less.

And “seeking a feeling” is one of the best ways to not experience the feeling one would like…

Instead focus on Jesus- on the reality in faith of your forgiveness --on the reality that one now has true life …
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top