How to have patience

  • Thread starter Thread starter Monica4316
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Monica4316

Guest
Hi everyone šŸ™‚

I really need advice about this… I know someone who doesn’t seem to want to go to Confession, and whenever I mention it at all, they get mad at me, and tell me to mind my own business. So I’ve stopped mentioning it. This person is very dear to me and this whole situation, it’s really breaking my heart… I have no idea where they are in their relationship with God, or if they pray… how do I stay patient and trust God and not give up praying? Sometimes I feel so discouraged, that no matter how much I pray, I don’t see any results… I have no idea why they don’t want to go to Confession, but I do know it’s such a wonderful gift from God and it helps us on the road to salvation…

I know that St Monica prayed for St Augustine for MANY years and he became a Saint!!! So I know that I should just keep on praying… but sometimes I almost lose hope…

any advice?

God bless
 
Hi Monica. I feel so badly for you. :console:

I have a similar situation… a sister who has been away from the Church for more than 30 years. 😦

I pray for her. At the advice of my priest, I make sacrifices for her. But still, I have seen no sign that she is the least bit interested in returning to the Church. It breaks my heart and I worry about her, almost to the point of making myself ill.

But I keep plugging away at her… through prayer and sacrifice . I have fully accepted… that I may never see the ā€œfruitsā€ of my prayers for my sister, in my own lifetime. And it may be necessary for me to continue my prayers for her… beyond my own death.

But I think that Our dear Lord is using this situation, to help me learn to trust Him, more and more. I have commended my sister, to His care and to His Merciful Love. Because I know, that as much as I… a poor sinner… want her to return… Jesus, Who is Love Incarnate… wants it even more.

I don’t know if this helps you, Monica. But I will certainly keep you and your loved one in my prayers.

God bless you.
 
HUGS!
this can be hard but keep praying for your friend and lead by your example and leave the rest to the Holy Spirit
 
Dear Monica

The price of a soul is very high. You are in a battle with the enemy and you must persevere to the death. Even if you can no longer talk you can keep them in your prayers and sacrifices. This is a giant war where in and we shouldn’t expect a cake walk. We have to fight hard to win souls for our Lord. Think about Jesus on the Cross when He said," I thirst." He thirsts for souls. He is calling you in his death throes and pleading with you to give Him this. Think about this and march on no matter what.

God bless and peace to you friend:)
 
Beginning with the knowledge of our oneness with a God that is everywhere, we open up and build on the concept that God is supreme and the source of all there is. This successful attitude shelters us from the flood of separate experiences in life that drag us down and drown us with a tightfisted attitude. Good luck.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top