How to obtain indulgences?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Secant
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Secant

Guest
I’m not sure I’m on the correct forum, but the others seemed less correct. I want to know how one goes about receiving an indulgence, either plenary or partial.

Specifically, when one performs one of the actions on the indulgence list (say a family rosary aloud for instance), does one need to apply for the indulgence from a priest/bishop? How quickly does the action need to be done once one has left the confessional? An hour, a day, a month, just before the next mortal sin? How often can one receive an indulgence? Daily, weekly, yearly?

Especially during Holy Week I think of death and judgement and I desire to cut down my purgatory time, if I can, by the grace of God, make it there.
 
You generally don’t need to speak to a priest or bishop for an indulgence. You simply do the actions requested of you for that indulgence with as much love for God as you can. The actions should be done within a reasonable amount of time (and some have specific time frames which should be followed as closely as is reasonably possible).

God determines whether the indulgence is partial (and how much) or plenary, as He is the one qualified to judge your heart.

Remember that the actions involved in indulgences are intended to bring us closer to God. It’s about our relationship with Him.

I think this might help:
ewtn.com/expert/answers/indulgences_conditions.htm

🙂
 
I’m not sure I’m on the correct forum, but the others seemed less correct. I want to know how one goes about receiving an indulgence, either plenary or partial.

Specifically, when one performs one of the actions on the indulgence list (say a family rosary aloud for instance), does one need to apply for the indulgence from a priest/bishop? How quickly does the action need to be done once one has left the confessional? An hour, a day, a month, just before the next mortal sin? How often can one receive an indulgence? Daily, weekly, yearly?

Especially during Holy Week I think of death and judgement and I desire to cut down my purgatory time, if I can, by the grace of God, make it there.
Jesus promised whoever obtains the Divine Mercy feast day plenary indulgence will have ALL their punishment, and purgatory ERASED completely

Approved by the Pope, both the plenary indulgence, and.and the Feast Day, and it was Pope John Paul II who was the bishop who approved and gave an imprimateur to St Faustina’s work, and as Pope beatified her As saint, and as Pope made a plenary indulgence and feast day for the.world.

Google Divine Mercy novena feast day.

It starts on Good Friday.
Say the Divine Mercy chaplet each day starting on Good Friday, get confession during the week, go to mass on Divine Mercy sunday and receive communion, do a deed of mercy, and honour the Divine Mercy image publicly if possible (eg kneel before the image or GO to a Divine Mercy feast day mass on that day -the Sunday after Easter Sunday)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top